as if i could love myself

Continued...

"Byrd Rosalind. Age 67. Profession: Researcher at Japan's Natural Resource Institution. Never left the country. Had a sparkly clean record. Adopted a girl by the names of Marie-"

"Aizawa~ I know all of this~ I'm bored~" Atlas was upside down on the bed facing Aizawa at the foot of the bed.

"Atlas listen. You need to-"

"Yeah yeah. I need to cross reference the information. By the way, he was 'detained' for alleged murder and abuse when he was 30-"

"That wasn't in the report-"

"Duh. He works for the government. And he's good on what he does since they rather not make an enemy of him. His quirk is Luck. Quite annoying if you ask me-"

"What?! You said 'Promises' Explain."

"Jeez~ Calm your scarf dude. Um-OH! Okay, he has unbelievably stupid luck. Everything goes his way every time. It's so frustrating. It only works in real time so it doesn't affect people who aren't in the same room as him. Ha~ it's more of a superpower rather than a quirk... so unfair~"

"...why do you hate him? Does it have to do with your mo-"

"Aizawa Shouta. There are some things you should never say to me. One, my height. Two, my mother. If you ask me again, I will personally bring hell on earth and I don't care if I die. I'm serious, do you understand?" After a few seconds of silence, Aizawa nodded his head in reluctance.

"Anyways~ how's school? I missed a lot of things huh? How are my sweet partners of crime?"

"It's partner in crime. They been asking about you. It's annoying me. Do something about it."

"Oh Aizawa~ when we're all together, we become a crime. Anyways I'm returning soon after I meet that pathetic loser of a person....so if you want, you can come with me? But I'm not asking you to come along...only if you want to go...you know to keep an eye on me...but it's up to you..."

"...Atlas... You're the biggest Tsundere in the world."

"WHAT?! I offered you to follow me! Not because I think you're better than most heroes or anything like that!!"

You can literally hear the moment Atlas realized.... he fucked up.

"...Midnight will go with you"

"Ah yes bring the hero that hates my guts more than the devil himself and wouldn't bat an eye if someone killed me IN FRONT OF HER!!!"

"She has orders to keep you alive and in one piece...I think?"

"Aizawa, that's like telling you that there's a lion then saying 'it probably won't attack?' Exactly zero effective."

"Atlas. I won't let anyone hurt you." Aizawa looked at him and his eyes showed that he truly believed he can save him.

"Jeez~ This is why Heroes should keep their hero complex to a limit. That's how they die~" Atlas smiles at him and walked towards a car.

Midnight was there in the back seat. Atlas gulped and cursed at himself. "Damn it. I thought she would sit in the passenger side."