chapter 2: what a cute little brat.

"Izuru doesn't like this room."

My smile twitches. I'm starting to get annoyed. I'm so tired... I should have put him to sleep hours ago.

I regain my composure and try to sound as patient as I can.

"I already showed you my all my guest rooms. You had the same answer... Just pick one please..."

"They are all cold. Izuru chooses to sleep with Mister 'Maeda."

Izuru is now puffing his cheeks and trying to pull me out of the room. I sight.

I follow him into the hallway, feeling a little defeated.

"Why do you even want to sleep with me Izuru? A lot of kids want to have their own big room! For themselves."

He let go of my pants looking at me with a pitiful expression.

"Izuru always slept alone... Izuru doesn't like it. There are shadows everywhere..."

He mimics spiders like forms with his hands and hisses baring his teeth.

"They crawl around like that... And then. Before they can touch Izuru, Poof! Disappear!

He shakes a little at his own description and jumps when he hears a faint crack behind him. I pat his head reassuringly.

"So... Are you scared of the dark?"

Izuru shakes his head, seemingly offended.

"Mister Owner made sure that Izuru was unable to experience fear. Izuru just ... doesn't want to be alone..."

I flinch at the first statement. What is he talking about? Anyway... I'm too tired to think about it any further. If he doesn't want to sleep alone, I guess it can't be help. And I don't want him to be scared all alone so...

"Alright, you can sleep in my room."

Izuru jumps seemingly happy before turning on his heels and walking to my room, imitating an airplane. I follow him, let myself fall on my bed as and drift to sleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

___________________________

"MISTER 'MAEDA!"

Those are the words I hear before I feel a heavy weight throwing himself on my stomach. Ack.

"Wh-... wha...? OH! Izuru! you're already awake!"

"It's breakfast time."

"Izuru... It's..." I look at the clock. "7 AM?! It's Saturday Izuru..."

"Izuru is bored. Let's do something!"

"Did you already eat? You have a stain on your shirt..."

"Izuru only drank coffee. It was hot and bitter and not good! And look! Now Izuru's body is shaking."

He put up his arms proudly. They are shaking indeed.

Coffee. I shouldn't have let him without surveillance. I really am the worst.