Chapter 21

-Michelle pov-
I woke up early hungry so I got some food. Now I'm just walking around the house. I walk into May and Peppers room. I see Wanda on the bed and Bucky on a couch they have. I quietly leave and go to Peppers office. I look around the desk and see a drawer ajar.

"What's that doin open?" I open it up and see only a book inside "Huh"

I pick it up and open it to a bent page. The page describes the room with the screens. There's Peppers handwriting at the bottom and someone else's above it.

"Pepper I left something I need you to take care of....It's a watch over Peter. I know it invades his privacy but...I just care too much for the kid..I can't lose him. Please use it and keep it secret."

"For You Tony I'd do anything"

So tony really did leave it to Pepper. I accidentally flip back some pages and see it's a month to the day we came back. The a month after Tony died. It's in Peppers handwriting. Must have been shared between them.

"I've started missing you honey....I just want you back. I wanna sleep in your arms and never leave. You're so great....why the hell did you have to leave me tony?! I've shunned out so many! I've shunned our daughter! I've started drinking every second I can....I have to hide it but I don't care I've become and alcoholic and I don't seem to see. It takes care of the numbness I have. It can't fill the hole you left. There's a rope in the closet and a loaded gun too...I just wanna see you and say I love you again.

I miss you Tony...I can't live without you anymore

I just can't"

"What are you doing?" I jump and see Peter behind me "That's Peppers diary"

"I didn't know" I drop it "I swear!"

"I know it doesn't scream or say diary on it but it is" He picks it up and puts it away "What did you read?"

"Can you get me to her old room?" He looks at me confused but nods "Let's go"

We walk out and go to the window. He wraps his arm around me and we start to swing out. We get a foot out before we just float. We get brought back in and see Bucky and Wanda cross armed.

"So wanna explain?" We look at each other then them "I can get Wanda to read your minds"

"We were going to Peppers old room" I got Peter on the arm "I'm sorry I'm just weak to him questioning me and Wanda being sad"

"I'm not sad I'm upset and disappointed" I sigh and look at her and see a big frown "Why wouldn't you come to us for something?"

"Because" I let out a deep breath "I accidentally read Peppers Diary and wanna see if What was in it was true"

"Then we go together" Bucky looks at Wanda "Can you fly us all?"

"Absolutely" She smiles a floats us up "let's go"

-Compound-
We walk into Peppers room and I head to the closet. I expect to find the rope and a hand gun. When I open it I lose all air inside of me. There's a iron man helmet, a shotgun, beer bottles, a prototype arc reactor, and a noose fully tied.

"What is-" I hear Bucky go silent, Wanda gasp, and Peter choke on his breath "Is this what was in the diary Michelle?"

"Yes sir" I pick up the gun and pop it open and two shells pop out "Loaded never fired"

"Loaded fires once" I look at Peter and see the empty shell in his hand "It was by a bottle"

"Why would she wanna do this?" I wrap my arm around Wanda as she cries "Why would anyone?"

"Loss hurts" We all look at Peter "We all do something different when we lose someone...sometimes we just jump and do think"

"She's getting help now though" Bucky puts his hand on Peters shoulder "All we can do is help when she comes back"

"Let's go home please" Bucky nods and puts everything back the way it was "Why aren't we taking it?"

"I'll clean it tomorrow"

"Ok" I walk up and grab the helmet before closing it "This should be brought back..just a feeing"

I just get met with silent nods. We walk out quietly and go back home. When we get there we just go to bed. Peter wraps his arms around me. I didn't know tony but I know Pepper and seeing this hurts. It hurts seeing someone you love hit this low. If only we knew earlier.

-Bucky pov-
Wanda and I go back into the room. I start to lay down on the couch when Wanda grabs my arm. She isn't looking up at me just the ground. I grab her hand and sit us both down on the couch.

"Are you ok?" She just shakes her head "Wanda?"

"When I lost Pietro she helped me with the loss I had" I see a tear fall "I just feel like I should've known..I mean I can read minds I SHOULD'VE KNOW!"

"We all should've" I wipe her tears and pull her close "We can't fix the past now trust me I should know..what they did for the stones shouldn't happen again...but we have to move on"

"Alright" She gets up but stops and holds out her hand "I don't wanna sleep alone tonight please"

I give a small smile and grab her hand. She walks over and lays down on one side and I go to the other. I lay on my back until I feel her beside me. I turn and wrap my arms around her. I feel her breathing slow as she goes to sleep. I smile and let myself go to sleep holding onto her. This girl is my rock now. I'm gonna be hers too.