Chapter 8: Evaline Meeks

Mary got home, throwing her bag onto the floor. Tears stained her cheeks, her nose a rosey shade of pink. 

She replayed the day over and over again in her mind. Students giving her funny looks and Mrs. Meeks asking her what she will be doing for spring break. 

How is it spring when I went to see Night Of The Living Dead a week ago? 

She sat down on her couch, the cushions making a sound of an old worn out couch. 
Sliding her loafers off her feet, Mary kicked them up onto the ottoman. Her mind wandered to the woman in the tight green dress in the photographs. 

Mary walked into work the next day with a pounding headache. She hadn't slept at all the night prior. She entered her new office, letting the book bag fall to the floor at the door. 

She decided she wasn't going to do much work today because of her headache. Mary was exhausted, confused and scared. 

She didn't want to cry but she felt tears sting her eyes and leak down her face. 

"So, how is Adam?" Mary shrugged, pouring herself a cup of coffee. 

Mrs. Meeks furrowed her brows, "Are you alright, Mary?" 

"I'm doing fine...Adam, I'm not sure. Haven't spoken to him in months." The woman shook her head in confusion. 

"Like, since Valentine's day?" Mary paused. 

"What do you mean, Evaline?" The secretary placed a hand on her shoulder. 

"Mary, are you sure you are okay? You look different...well...back to yourself, I guess. Have you not spoken to Adam since Valentine's day?" Mary wanted to cry but she refused to do it here in the teachers lounge. 

"...no." 

"Sorry to hear that." 

"No like...what do you mean Valentine's day?" Mary leaned in to whisper. 

"Adam was here...on Valentine's day. Brought you roses. You were with him for the Sweethearts dance too." Mary sucked in a breath. She didn't know what to do. Did she tell Evaline or shake it off and leave. 

Mary needed to talk to someone and her and Evaline had went to school together. They weren't friends back then but they sure were now. 

"Can I speak to you in my office?" The blonde nodded. She followed Mary to her office and gently closed the door behind her. 

Mary turned around, revealing a small tear rolling down her cheek. 

"Evaline...I...I can't remember the past six months. I have no recollection of anything. Especially not Adam returning." The blonde sat down, nodding along. 

"Something was up with you. I knew it from the moment you walked in asking where Sabrina was. You acted as if we had never met." Mary sat down too, staring at the woman. 

"Was this...her?" Mary handed Evaline the year book. The woman sighed and nodded slowly. 

Mary felt more tears sting her eyes. "What's happening? Where is Adam?" Evaline shrugged. She had to little as a clue than Mary had. 

"I haven't seen him around town. Normally I see him when he goes to buy groceries every other Saturday." Mary leaned back into her chair, sighing. 

"What else happened while I was...away?" 

Evaline Meeks will be a main character in this book. I actually like her in the show. I wish we saw more of her lol. Also, I thought the name Evaline suited her.

Btw, this story will move along faster than TSTS and Hidden Demons.
Hidden Demons will take much longer than both of them and I promise I will be updating that as well.