chapter one.

DELILAH HEARD THE harsh sound of rain falling against the windows on the bus as she rode home from school

windows on the bus as she rode home from school.

she didn't like rain all too much as it could, at times, darken the mood. but, she could listen to if for hours if she had to. it relaxed her.

the bus came to a halt which pulled delilah out her daydream. the bus had finally reached her destination. as she rose from her seat, she realised that she hadn't brought an umbrella with her which caught the attention of a boy that was also getting off at this stop.

delilah stepped out of the bus, and to her surprise, she didn't feel the cold drops of rain she was expecting to feel. instead, she sensed something hanging over the top of her head. "where's your umbrella?" said a boy who held his umbrella over her head. "i left it at home, i didn't know it was going to rain today." delilah replied with a chuckle as the two began to walk together.

delilah looked up at the boy. she noticed his sweet smile and brown eyes. she thought he was very pretty. "hey, how come i've never seen you at school before?" he questioned. delilah began to fiddle with her fingers. "um i guess i'm pretty quiet." she replied. "well, i'm xander." delilah smiled. "i'm delilah."

the two continued walking. during the time they've spent together the two have: exchanged numbers and even got to know each other briefly. delilah raised her small hand and pointed to a small but beautiful house across the road. "this is my stop." she told the boy. he nodded. delilah began to cross the road. "hey, text me!" xander shouted. "of course !" she replied, smiling like a goof as she entered her house.

"was he cute?"
delilah rolled her eyes as she chuckled.
"i guess"
"well then text him!"
"i don't know" delilah shrugged her small shoulders, dragging out the w in know.
a girl walked out of delilah's closet.
the girl had red hair and light blue eyes. she also had many freckles that
were noticeable when the girl stood in light.
"avery, what if he doesn't reply back? or what if i say the wrong thing and he thinks-"

ding!
avery picked up delilah's phone to see a message that read
"delilah? it's xander!!"
avery began typing without consulting her best friend first.
"hey! hey! what are you doing?" delilah said, almost screaming with anxiety.
"replying, duh." avery said as she hit the send button.
"hi xander, it is delilah. haha"
avery softy threw the phone back to her friend.
delilah fell back onto her bed and put her hands over her eyes as a sign of frustration and embarrassment.

ding!
"geez, he's quick."
xander had replied. the text read, "there's a party on tonight. you up to being my plus one?"
avery let out a high pitched squeal.
"he wants you to go to a party with him!"
delilah sighed. "you know i hate parties, ave."
"you're just boring." avery said, earning a chuckle from her brunette friend.
"what would i even wear?" delilah questioned.
avery dashed off back into delilah's closet.
delilah was a pretty girl. everything about her was gorgeous.
she just didn't enjoy dressing up and she didn't really see herself as pretty either.

avery walked out of delilah's closet once again. this time she had pieces of clothing in her
hand that delilah had never even worn before. she held clothes delilah didn't even know she had.
"put them on! you're gonna look so pretty." avery said, in an almost proud voice like a parent would
speak to their child if they were proud of them.

delilah put on the clothes avery handed to her. she let her hair down and even thought
she looked somewhat pretty. as she walked back into her room avery squealed.
"see! you look so beautiful!" avery smiled. delilah blushed and covered her cheeks.
"nooo stop!" she replied.
avery picked up delilah's phone once again and typed:
"is it okay if i bring a friend? text me the address!"
"ofc! the address is ********** (idk) the party starts at 8, i hope to see you there."
avery placed delilah's phone down and picked out an outfit from delilah's closet.
delilah didn't mind, after all she was her best friend.

delilah wore a cute white shirt that hung off her shoulders paired with a floral printed skirt.
it was kinda short and different to what delilah would usually wear, but she liked it.
avery had originally picked out a pair of short heels for the girl but she thought
they were uncomfortable and decided to wear a pair of white slip on vans instead.
her hair was down and it hung just above her petite shoulders.

avery wore a black dress that wasn't too short but it also wasn't very long.
the dress was pretty casual because they were only going to a high school party.
avery wore a pair of black heels and her long hair was tied into a tight ponytail.

avery drove the two and promised to not get too drunk so she could drive them home later
on. after spending a while trying to find the house, they finally found it and entered.
the place reeked of alcohol and sweat. this made delilah uncomfortable. all the reasons she hated parties came flooding back to her in this moment.

"avery, i don't know about this."
she turned to speak to her friend but delilah was surprised when she was nowhere to be seen.
"what the fuck?" delilah muttered while trying to find somewhere quiet to sit.
she felt someone tap her shoulder and as she turned to see who it was she saw none other than
"xander." delilah smiled. she was relieved to know that she wouldn't have to be alone anymore.

"you wanna drink?" the boy asked.
"i've never really drank before, don't think i'm lame though." delilah said as
she played with her fingers. she's different to the other girls her age and people
thought she was weird because of it.
"well, i won't force you but-"
he began pouring a clear liquid into two cups.
he placed one in front of the girl beside him and kept one for himself.
"it's there if you want it."
he smiled as he skulled the liquid in the cup.
"чертовски киска" said a tall boy that proceeded with a devious chuckle.
"fuck off, boris." xander said before storming off.

delilah's pov.
"boris?" i asked.
"hello, принцесса."
the boy sat beside me. he smelt of alcohol and cigarettes.
however, i smelt a strong sent of cologne. he was weird.
his hair was matted and long and his right eye was bruised.
what happened to him? i thought to myself.
"helloooo?" he waved his hands in my face.
"it is rude to stare, yanno?"
"your accent. what is it?"i asked.
he raised an eyebrow at me.
"slow down. i don't even know your name."
"delilah."
"hah, pretty name."

authors note:
hi omg thank you for the views on the prologue! i hope you enjoy this first chapter as well.
it would mean a lot to me if you could comment feedback or any suggestions on where the
story should go. thank you for reading, i hope u have a great day <33