Knowledge

Lydia

____________________

I stood in the center of the room, looking at the wall, still not able to make eye contact with the face that had haunted me for so long, in my dreams, nightmares, even in my head. I knew that Stiles could tell, because he immediately started to move towards me. But before he could touch me I quickly pulled away.

Peter chuckled at the sight. "Wow. Look at little Lydia Martin, trying to avoid her fate. Her fate of being stuck with this boy for the rest of her life, and her fate of forever being afraid of life itself," He cut himself off as he slowly started to step closer to me, inching closer every second. "Her fate with Stiles." He said, smirking as he started to get closer. I kept my eyes down, looking slightly at the floor as I felt extremely uncomfortable.

All three of the boys, noticing what he had been doing, started to step closer to him to stop him but he simply shook his head, looking up at them.

"You want to find out about what they are right?" He said, directing it more towards Scott. Scott looked over at Aiden and Stiles, both of them sharing the same look of anger, but also slight interest. Scott sighed and gave Peter a nod. Peter gestured towards Stiles before talking.

"Then hold him back. The only way I can get her to answer questions is to get her to a weak mental state. Almost like what Deaton did with your friend Isaac... but without the ice water. And Stiles' instincts to protect are not going to like me hurting her mental state." He said looking at Scott. I looked up quizically, having no idea what was going on. I made eye contact with Stiles, utterly confused. "What?" I said. Stiles didn't know what to say and Scott glanced at me before ignoring my question and sighing before quickly nodding. "Fine. But knowing you- I know you wont do anything without something in return. What do you want?..." Scott asked. Peter smirked slightly. "We'll figure that out later. Right now, your job is to hold your friend down while I ask her a few questions." Peter replied.

Aiden spoke up. "And just how are we supposed to know that we can trust you?" He said bluntly. Peter smirked sightly.

"You can't." He replied.

Scott, Stiles and Aiden all looked at each other. I looked at them, knowing exactly what Peter was trying to say and noticed that they must have known too because it was basically written on all of their faces.

It doesn't matter if he can't be trusted. There's a chance that we might find something out through him, and it's our only choice.

They all looked at each other, slowly nodding. Scott grabbed Stiles by one of the shoulders while grabbing his forearm, and Aiden mirrored him. I looked nervously at Stiles, and he shifted slightly, already struggling slightly as he saw the fear in my eyes.

Peter looked at me, his expression quickly turning into a smirk. "I bet your wondering what's going on Lydia... Aren't you? You're confused, and you don't like the feeling. Because you're normally the one who knows everything." Peter said smirking as he slowy started to walk around me.

I swallowed before pursing my lips. He circled around me, looking me up and down as he walked around me.

"But little Lydia can't do anything about it. Because she knows that I'm the only one who can help her... that I'm the only one that knows what to do. I'm her voice- I always have been. And Lydia always listens to her voice." He said, his tone of voice getting softer yet more commanding as he spoke.

I knew what his tone of voice and his actions led to. And he knew of my awareness of that fact. It almost seemed as if he knew all my actions way before I even decided them myself. He used to use these motives when he was getting in my head. He tells me that I'm weak and makes my brain it's self weak by doing so. He makes my head reliant of him, it needs his words, and he tells me what to do. I can never do anything to stop it. But, If its going to sort all this out... maybe I had to let him get control.

—————————————-

I hear Stiles moving around behind me, stuggling in the grip of the two boys holding him down. Almost as if he can sense that Peter is about to do something, but doesnt know what it is yet.

Peter brings his hand to the back of my neck, bringing his mouth extremely close to my ear and talks slowly but carefully.

"Lydia I want you to listen to me. You're going to sleep. You're going to go to sleep right now, because you know you can't do anything that remotely helps anyone without listening to me. So make it easy on yourself and listen to me... Go to sleep Lydia.... Just go to sleep." he says. I breathe shakily, feeling my eyes starting to droop as his hypnotizing words start to get to me.

I hear nothing but Peter's voice, almost as if there's no noise existing outside of his voice.

"Good... Good... Keep going Lydia. Go to sleep. Close your eyes all the way and fall asleep." He says. I start to close my eyes more and more until their almost completely closed, when I hear Stiles shouting.

"Let me go! I need to help her! Lydia- Lydia don't listen!" He screams. I start to slowly open my eyes again, confused when Peter speaks up, aggitated.

"Cover his mouth! His voice is too prominant in her head. It snaps her out of it." he says. As soon as Peter stops talking, all I can hear coming out of Stiles' mouth is muffled noise.

Peter grips on the back of my neck slightly tighter and keeps his voice soft but commanding.

"Lydia go to sleep. You can't help with anything, because you're too weak to help with anything. You're too naive. Go to sleep. Listen to me- your other voice in your head is gone from now on. Listen to me. Go to sleep."

I finally shut my eyes and without thinking I fall asleep. The last noise in my head being Stiles' muffled screams.

_________________________________________________________________

Stiles

_________

I watch as Lydia drops into Peter's arms, going unconscious. I quickly manage to break free of the grips of the two boys beside me and I'm about to get to Peter when Scott quickly jerks my arms back.

"Stiles calm down! Lydia isnt hurt!"

I look at everyone confused before finally coming back to reality, trying not to give in to instincts. I remind myself one more time why Peter did what he did.

The only way they can find out whats going on is through Lydia. Not through her when shes awake...

But through her subconscious.

_______________________________

Authors Note:

COMMENT!!!! Sorry for such the long wait but I hope you liked it!

-Sarcastic_stiles