HOMRA.

Mizuki's POV

My eyes shot open. Where am I? I was laid down on a lumpy couch with a flat pillow under my head and a small blanket on top of me. I realized I didn't have my backpack. My eyes darted every which way until they landed on the person next to me. The same obvious blush crossed the skater's face when we made eye contact. I had forgotten his name.

"Where's my backpack?" I asked.

"O-oh! It's on the table over there." He replied, using his thumb to point at the nearby table behind him.

I sat up and jumped to my feet quickly to grab my backpack when I felt a familiar sharp pain in my leg. I stumbled and fell into the boy's comforting arms. I looked down at the bandage wrapped around my leg that was stained with red blood. I growled at myself for feeling so helpless and pathetic.

"Just sit back down. I'll get it."

I crossed my arms and plopped myself back down, waiting impatiently for my bag. The boy handed me my backpack and I pulled out a box of Pocky and began devouring them. It's been the first thing I've eaten all day. I look to my side again. The boy's chestnut colored hair laid onto his face gently. His soft brown eyes gazed at me attentively.

"Oh yeah. What's your name again?"

"Yata, Yata Misaki." He managed to respond without stuttering.

"You have a girl's name." I stated bluntly.

"It means beautiful blossom, Misaki-chan~" I added to it.

His face had turned as red as a rose by now. He broke eye contact with me but I could see him glancing at me from the corner of his eye while he looked away.

"N-no it's not! What's yours then huh?" He scoffed.

"Mizuki. Similar to your name-- because it's for girls." I teased.

His mouth opened but he shut it quickly after. I smirked triumphantly and ate another stick of Pocky as a reward.

"Do you want one?" I offered, feeling a bit generous.

"S-sure!" He blurted out.

I rose a stick of Pocky up to his mouth and he bit onto it.

"...I don't know if you don't mind me asking this but, do you have a place to stay?" He asked me with an unsure voice.

A moment of awkwardness passed by. I wasn't sure how to answer.

"I'm sor--" He began.

"The streets are my home." I finally responded.

He looked at me with something in his eyes that I couldn't comprehend. It wasn't pity nor sympathy. It was something I haven't seen in a long time. I couldn't figure it out.

I reached into the Pocky box and found it was empty. My head snapped towards Yata who had a Pocky halfway in his mouth. I put my mouth at the other end of the stick of chocolate that was hanging out. Yata's eyes widened immensely when a group of people suddenly barged through the front door.

"Well, well, well. Look's like someone's not a virgin anymore." A voice sneered.

I bit off the piece and narrowed my eyes at the man. He had slick blonde hair swept back and a business suit with sunglasses. He had a sly smirk on his face.

Beside him was some large guy who's jaw was dropped down, Mikoto with an unamused expression, and a frail little blonde haired girl dressed in a frilly dark dress. She was gripping onto the jacket Mikoto was wearing.