Math Lovers

SHEN YUE

"Dylan Wang...."

He is my formidable foe. Since I was young, he has always been my worst enemy in Math rivalries. He always got the first place and I just came second. He was very irritating yet I come to admire his aptitude. He had always been sitting beside me every Math competitions and because of that, I assumed that he had a crush on me. I have proofs.

Once, I was assigned to sit at the back. Then, I was shocked because he sat beside me. For the reason that I’m not so much gifted in height, it’s so obvious in my reaction that I can’t reach the table. I heard him laugh. I got pissed so I transferred in front. But then again, he followed me. Oh my god, he’s so obvious!

Then, I started my research on him. In his every gesture, I’m starting to develop my feelings for him. I got tired of waiting so I made the connection. At first, I got his number and I started texting him. I want to piss him off so I called him stupid just for him to reply. But he never returned my messages. By the way I didn't really introduce myself so it's understable he wouldn't dare to reply.

So, moving on, I sent a friend request in his facebook account. He accepted it so I assumed again that he’s playing hard to get.

During class hours, I was logging in when something pop up in my chat box. I excitedly open the message because I saw his name.

“Hi!"

“O?” That’s my reply because I’m playing it cool.

And just like that, we became close. I admit it that I’m really an assuming person, I told my friends that he’s already my boyfriend. Hahaha they know I'm kidding tho. One of my friends even said I'm so delusional.

One night, a new number was calling me. I don’t talk to strangers so I didn’t answer it. Then the anonymous person texted me.

“Hi, Shen Yue.”

I got curious so I replied,

“Name?”

“The one you called STUPID”

“Ha?”

I dug on my thoughts and suddenly, I remembered something. I got nervous for he might be turned off to my outrageous action.

Then he called again. I hesitated to answer it. But he kept on calling so I had no choice but to answer. I’m not saying a thing. Actually, neither of us was. But suddenly we stated our thoughts at the same time.

I said “Sorry” while he said, “Thank You”.

I got confused so I asked him why but then he laugh.

“Thank you because I need not to worry about your feelings for me and I don’t need to introduce myself for I’m sure you made your own research about me.”

I was shocked of what he told me. Instead of getting annoyed, I actually was happy. He did not directly told that he like me but I’m sure that’s what he meant. Yeah I am that assuming cause his actions back then were so obvious duhh.

“To make your assumptions real, I’ll court you.” Then he end the call.

Okay, that's it? Maybe I'll just wait for his next step.

The next day, I was shocked because I saw him standing near our school gate looking directly at me.

He smiled, I smiled. Then I heard my friends laugh out loud and they started teasing us. Yes, the one who called me delusional is one of them. Maybe, we just share the same brains and delulu'ed with me.

Of course, I did not make it long so I answered him with full of effort. I made an equation and send it to him.  The answer of that very long equation is simply Y+3s meaning YES.

End.

-----

A/N:

I made this when I was in highschool. This was actually based on a true to life experience. Not me tho, I'm one of those 'friends' haha. But anyway, I decided to make it as DiYue flashfic coz I imagined them while re-reading it.

cr. to freakdrawer for the photo.