Chapter 44: Goodbye 🦄

"What?", Upasana's mouth hung up as Nishit told everything Neha did till date.

"She has been doing this from the first." Nishit nodded softly.

"And you knew this?", she asked.

"No I never knew this. Aaru told me these just after having a terrible fight with Neha. And I couldn't believe as well.", Nishit told.

"Oh my god. Darshan was trying to tell me this only and I never listened to him.", Upasana panicked.

"You need to talk to him right now.", Nishit said.

Upasana looked at him and nodded.

_

"I love you.", Neha told.

"Why you didn't tell me?", Darshan asked.

"Why you didn't see?", she asked back.

Darshan pushed his hairs back and asked again, "Why are you telling me all this now then?"

"Because I know I'll not get time to tell this again.", she smiled.

"No. You are not gonna do this.", he said, "This is not a joke Neha just get down."

She said nothing.

"Why are you doing this? You are the strongest woman I know.", he added.

"I was once. Not anymore. I am not your that best friend anymore Darsh. She died that day you abandoned her.", she said.

"You are not gonna forgive me for that na?", he asked.

"I forgave you, I did.", She smiled,
"Can you? Can you forgive me ever? .", she cried.

"I did. I did.", He repeated, "Now get down. Give me your hand.", taking two steps towards her he said.

"No.", Neha nodded a no.

"Neha please. Don't behave like a kid. This is not a game. Just give me your hand.", he expanded his hand to her.

She was just looking at him.

"Can't you trust me for once?", he asked.

She didn't responded.

"Please.", he pleaded.

Neha thought for a while. Deep down in her heart she wanted to hold his hand that give herself another chance. She wanted to live with him, for him. But in the other side she was scared that she would mess up again.

She looked at his eyes and she wanted to trust him. And she did. She chose to hold his hand and give her life another chance.

"I will.", she wishpered with a smile.
Darshan smiled in happiness as well.

"I love you.", she said with a teary eyes.

"I know.", before Darshan could hold her hand, Neha's feet slipped and she fell from the seventh floor of the building.

"Darsh....", she shouted for help.

"No.", Darshan uttered because he couldn't help.

"Neha...", Aarushi came while running as she saw Neha fell. She looked down from the building and saw the body was lying on the floor and blood was covering that slowly slowly.
She ran to downstairs while shouting.

_

"I have to talk to him.", Upasana nodded.

"Thank you so much Nishit for telling me the truth.", she passed a smile to him.

Nishit smiled back weakly.

Then suddenly they heard a loud sound. They both looked back and saw the body of Neha. And it didn't take them a single moment to get what just happened.

"No.", Nishit ran to Neha.

Upasana's eyes winded and she couldn't move for a second.

Nishit pooled Neha's head with shaky hands which was covered with blood and placed that on his lap, one side of Neha's face was totally smashed.

Upasana got herself together and ran to them. She sat down beside him too. They both were shivering, didn't know what to do.

"Nothing happened. She will be fine.", Nishit said looked at Neha's face.

"Nishit.", Upasana placed her hand on his shoulder.

"What? She is not dead. She can't be.", Nishit panicked.

"Nishit please..."

"Do something Upasana. Call the ambulance. Do something.", Nishit shouted.

"Yes. Yes.", Upasana stood up. "Bhaiya...", she called out for her one of the doctor cousin brother.

"You will be fine. It's ok", tear rolled down from Nishit's eyes.

_

Darshan didn't shout or look down. He felt someone dragged the ground away from under his feet.

He couldn't stand still anymore, he fell on his knees. He didn't feel anything, not at all, his eyes dried.

In front of his eyes she fell and he couldn't do anything. He let everything crash in front of his eyes again.

"Goodbye..."

"I love you..."

Neha's voice rang in his ears. And that day he realised that sometimes 'Goodbye' means 'I love you" and 'I love you' means 'Goodbye'.

"I couldn't save her. She didn't want to die. She wanted me to help her. She trusted me. But I couldn't save her. I didn't hold her hand. I could have saved her but I didn't. I let her die. I killed her. I killed her.", Darshan murmured.

He pushed his hairs back and shouted his lungs out. He broke down then. He couldn't held back anymore.

"Darshan.", he heard the shout of Upasana. But he didn't respond.

But the next statement of her made him look up.

"Darshan she is still breathing. She is alive."

-END ❤️

//Hey guys so this is the end of UNEXPECTED. And I'm hell scared right now. You gave UNEXPECTED 1 lots of love and especially the ending so there was always a pressure on me and I don't know if you liked it or not, I tried my best. I hope you liked it, the whole Unexpected. And I'm gonna miss it, I'm gonna miss every bit of it, Neha Darshan and Upasana.
I know I'll get a lots of 'Hate You'-s now 😂 but trust me guys I LOVE YOU, each and every single person who supported me, gave this much of love. So, thank you for making Unexpected this much big, which I never expected at all.
And please, please don't request me to bring a phase three of this story, I told this last time also saying it again - phase three will never come. It is the END of the story. Show Khatam Ghar Jao 😂
So tell me if I gave a justice to the title?
Or I disappointed you?
Tell me what you feel.
Love Neha 🦄💙//