Chapter 2

I was laying on the couch scrolling through twitter until Geoff came. I already had a few list of things I wanted to make sure he knew he had to do. 

I knew that we had to make this as realistic as possible so my mom could believe we were together. If my mom found out we were faking it not only would that look terrible on my part, but she would think I wasn't even dating an Alex in the first place. 

I just wanted to make sure Geoff was the perfect fake boyfriend ever. 

I was texting my mom back once I heard the doorbell rang and got up quickly running to the door. Once I opened it and I saw Geoff, I ran into his arms thanking him over and over for helping me. 

"You're welcome, okay aws c'mon, aws!", Geoff laughed and decided to put his arms around me to hug me back. 

"Honestly, if you need anything,", I pulled away from the hug, "hit me up. I can't thank you enough for this." 

I led him inside on the couch so we were sitting next to each other and we could talk better. 

"Honestly, I'll do anything for you as long as I don't end up dead.", he laughed and realized I wasn't laughing back. "Right?"

"Well we'll see about that, but anyways! This is for you.", I say handing him a 2 inch binder full of papers.

He looked confused but took it regardless. "Uhh what is this?" 

"Just a few things you should do this week.", I say nonchalantly. "Not anything too big."

Geoff opened the notebook and gasped looking at me with wide eyes. "This  is not anything too big?! Aws this has to be a list of like a thousand things?!" He continued flipping through the pages just scanning everything in disbelief.

"I mean not really maybe 500 yeah, but I wouldn't say a thousand, it's not double sided.", I say calming him down. 

"Dude I'm sorry but I'm not reading this whole thing.", he says closing it and nudging it back at me. 

"But I spent hours on it! Please at least just keep it, I don't want all that work to just come back to me."

"Fine, but I'm not reading it.", Geoff pushed it to the side. "Why did you even make that? I thought we were only pretending for a week?"

"Because I wanted to make sure it was believable.", I had to make sure my mom thought we were a real thing because if not I would never hear the end of it. 

Geoff picked up the book and flipped to a random page reading a bullet point out loud. 

"So within a week, you want me to bring you flowers everyday," he flipped to another page and continued, "you want me to take you to your favorite quiet spot,", he continued flipping, "and you never want me to leave your heart destroyed? Dude, I've said it before, but are you good?", he started laughing. 

"Ok fine! Maybe I went a little overboard, but still some things in there can actually help ... like um ... the flowers! Maybe on the first day you could bring me flowers you know! I think that's cute and I wished Alex used to do that for me. It's a sweet gesture." 

I really did wish he did that I mean he was sweet and amazing! But sometimes I just wanted more. 

"Okay, listen you want flowers fine, I'll bring you flowers, but I'm not doing anything else on this list," Geoff threw it next to him on the couch, "I love you, but I literally did not come over here to have homework."

I huffed and finally gave in, "Fine, but remember you're my boyfriend so act like it."

Geoff nodded and I sighed.

Please make this work.