mistake

i unlock my phone as i'm getting pissed at the amount of times my phone has gone off in the last couple of hours. harry has been texting me constantly, trying to apologise and trying to get me to go over to his house so he can explain.

do i go over there? do i give him a chance? i mean, dewey was the one who said that harry had something to do with it. why should i trust dewey's words?

i sigh, giving in and getting up off of my sofa. i throw some trainers on and i walk out of the door towards harry's house.

i don't bother knocking, considering there's so many people living in the house, it's practically open for anyone. i ignore the silence as i walk in with most of the people in the room staring at me.

i make my way up the wooden stairs, i take a brief look downwards, scowling at the audience i have watching me walk upstairs. i roll my eyes, why are people so fucking nosey? i cross the upstairs landing, stopping as i reach harry's room.

i knock on his door but he doesn't hear me. i go to knock again but i hear muffled voices from the inside, i press my ear up to the door. however, i can't hear who it is.

"who is that?" i whisper to a curly haired kid as he walks out of a room nearby.

"uh, kelly i think, she just went in." he answers, before walking away.

kelly? why kelly? just because i wasn't there for one second, he calls kelly. how fucking predictable.

"um, i keep getting... i keep getting these hang-ups on my phone and these text messages from these unknown numbers. i think from people inside the house. look, 'eat shit and die asshole.' there's more worse than that..." he trails off as she interrupts him.

"that's why you wanted me to come?" she scoffs. i hear the annoyance in her tone of voice.

"yeah." he replies shakily, "i think people are gonna come after me."

"people?" she questions.

"women." he replies, making me bite my lip as i resist the urge to burst through the door and shout at him for that comment. he carries on, "people, everyone's going fucking nuts."

"you're afraid that women are gonna hurt you?" she scoffs, then says, "you do understand the unbelievable irony in that, don't you?"

"i never said anything to Dewey," he stammers, "he just fucking exaggerated... i mean, maybe i said some shit, and then..."

"you disgust me." she spits at him and i tilt my head slightly, unknowingly reacting to her statement.

"kel, i may be a fucking asshole sometimes." he tries to defend himself.

"what did you say to him?" she demands.

"i don't know... i don't- i don't remember exactly," he sighs, "i had a lot to drink. i just I don't know who i am in this place." he says, and i can hear the frustration he's feeling.

she retorts, "just like the rest of us, harry."

"will you just fucking listen to me for one second? stop dismissing me like i'm nothing. that's exactly what I'm talking about." he raises his voice, "there are five people in my little sister's room. five in my mom's. they take whatever they want as if it's theirs, like nothing of mine means anything. so yeah, i'm angry."

"i'm angry at Cassandra for humiliating me over and over again, and i'm angry at you for punishing me for one fucking mistake when i needed you the most."

after the last thing i'd heard, i walked away nearing the top of the stairs.

am i a fucking joke?