Chapter 13: NHK Trophy

Ayako’s point of view……..

Few days later…….

Apparently, it was due to stress. I had to take some medications and some time off. I was a bit scared that maybe something was wrong with my spine but, the doctor said that it was fine. I did receive messages from Javier and Yuzuru but, I didn’t respond to them. Miyu offered to stay home but, I told her to go to work and meet with her boyfriend of five years.

Today, I was back at the Cricket Club but, I had to take things easy. Tracy told me to not go on the ice today. Once at the rink, I walked into my office and sat down in my seat. {Seat is so comfortable.} I looked at the rink to see the skaters who were training very hard.

Knock…knock…..

Yuzuru was at the doorway. I gave him a small smile. “Ohayo,” I greeted him. He gave me a small smile and walked into the room. “Ohayo,” he said in return. He walked up to me and gave me a hug that wasn’t too tight.

“Daijoubu?” he asked me with concern. I gave him a nod. “I”m fine. I was just stressed,” I said to him. He gave me a nod and bowed to me. “Gomen,” he apologized to me. I shook my head. “It’s not your fault,” I told him. He shook his head.

“I should have just talked to you about…you know after Skate America. Instead, I ignored you. I’m sorry,” he said. “It’s alright. I’m fine. I just need to take things easy so that I would be able to go to Japan with you and Javi,” I told him.

He gave me a small nod. 

“Anything else,” I asked him with a serious face. He let out a deep sigh. “I…I lied to you about something,” he told me. {I already know. I was just waiting for you to tell me.} “What is it?” I asked him. He pulled out his blue inhaler from his bag. “I have asthma,” he told me. I gave him a nod.

“I already know,” I told him. He looked at me with surprise. “I can tell a person who has asthma very easily. I have asthma myself,” I said and pulled my spice berry color inhaler from my desk. “You have asthma too?” he asked me. I gave him a nod. “I had asthma since I was a year old. A few years ago, I had a bad asthma attack while I was here and had to go to the hospital for it,” I told him.

He didn’t know what to say. “Just to let you know, nobody can really lie to me. Everyone knows that I have good eye sight and I am able to read people very well,” I told him. Nobody could really lie to me. He gave me a nod.

“Anyways, it’s nice to know. That way, I could help you more,” I told him. He gave me a nod. “Is there anything else that you lied to me about or hiding from me?” I asked him. He shook his head and got up from his seat. 

“You won’t lie to me would you?” he asked me. “Well…there are two different kinds of lies. One that would hurt someone and one that can help someone,” I told him. “What about you?” he asked me. I shook my head. “I can’t really lie. If I did, the lies would haunt me. The only way to relieve myself is to tell the truth. People here know that I can’t lie,” I told him. He gave me a smile and a nod.

I gave him a smile. “Go and get on the ice before Brian yells at you,” I told him. He gave me a small smile and walked out of the office.

{He should feel better now.}

He ended up ringing the bell five times today.