Chapter 12

Brayn's Pov.

It had been a week since the incident. A week of awkwardness. And a week of hiding in my hotel room. Whenever I saw Ballora or Baby, I instantly went the other way. I know what I was doing was wrong, and more accurately unfair, but ...after what they did...I just couldn't. It was at the end of the week did I realize someone was missing. I searched the hotel, only to come up empty handed. "Helpy? Where are you?"

I rolled my chair out into the main foyer. My muscles screamed at the misuse they constantly injured. But like hell I was gonna ask for help! That would mean going out. Seeing them. "Helpy! Please tell me your down here!" My throat was becoming sore from my continuous screaming. "She's not down here." A small scream escaped my throat as a familiar voice caught my ears.

It was hard work, but I was able to turn my wheelchair around to face ...oh thank God. Lefty. The black bear sat on one of the many waiting room sofas. His yellow eyes refused to look at me as I wheeled myself over to him. "So where is she then?" I urged, trying to let my desperation show. "I thought she would be one of the first people who did see. Yet I haven't seen even a trace of her." Lefty moved his face towards the exit. "Well you haven't really been around to properly look."

Guilt suddenly coursed through my body. I could hear the spite in Lefty's voice. "I really missed you Bryan. We all did." I tired to put a smile on my face but it was forced and felt all too strained. "Sure ya did. I bet you were all having the time of your lives without me here." I didn't miss the way the rockstar's mouth dropped open. "Is that what you really think?" His golden eyes tried to lock with mine. But I looked away.

"So what you said was true!" Suddenly Lefty was on his feet. "You really think none of us care?!" I couldn't help the flinch as the bear loomed over me. "I didn't say that!" I tried to defend. But a bit of fear had started to show. "I said you probably had fun without me!" Lefty's hands balled into fists. "But you said we didn't care in the tent! When Ballora said she was your mom!" He was inches away, moving slightly closer. "You really truly believe none of us care?!"
My heart began to pound. My hands clasped tightly around the wheelchair, moving backwards slightly. I needed to get away. A small twinge in my head told me a headache was beginning to form. "Look. I'm sorry for making you angry. I was just worried about Helpy. Just know I care for you all. But in fact, yes. I don't think any of you care. Because why should you?" I began to move towards the elevator, ignoring the pounding in my head. "I'm just a bad business owner."

____________________________________________________________________________

Ballora's Pov.

A week. It had been a full week since anyone had seen Bryan. A week since I found out my youngest son was alive. In all honesty, I didn't know how to feel. On one hand, I was overwhelmingly happy! The son I thought I lost so long ago was alive! On the other hand, the said son had no memories of his family and even worse believed we all hated him! When Bryan yelled at Michael and me, I wanted nothing more than to wrap my arms around him. To hug him until everything was ok.

Elizabeth never left my side. Constant questions spilled from her mouth. Ones I didn't have answers to. Michael had to leave, but checked back everyday. Though the report was always the same. How badly I wanted to march up to Bryan's room, and assert my motherly authority! Tell him to come out and talk! But how can you be a mother to someone who thinks that everyone he cares about resents him?

So many questions raced through my head. How is he alive? The doctors said he was dead! Why can't he remember us? Why didn't I recognize Bryan as soon as I met him? How do I make him believe?! Why am I such a terrible mother?! I couldn't help the choked sob that left my voice box. Even if we couldn't cry, that doesn't mean we couldn't sound out sadness. "Mom? Are you ok?"
Elizabeth's green eyes sparkled in the dimmed tent. Her childlike expression making it harder to believe that both of us were dead. That we weren't human. I cleared my throat, placing a hand on her head. "Im fine sweetheart. Just sad." Her face contracted into one of worries. "About what?" I tried to put a smile on my face, but I'm sure it was strained. Our family were never good actors.

"Oh, about Bryan. How he doesn't remember us. How we missed him growing up. How he was here and we didn't even know it." Realization dawned on her face. Her arms tightened around her dust covered plush. "It's really hard to believe. More so for him." Her gaze shifted towards the opening of the tent. "But now that Michael's back I'm sure we can get him to remember!" I laughed, messing up her hair. "I hope your right."