My Best Dream Was You

Chanhee

The warmth of the sun stroking my skin made my eyes shot open. I groaned in annoyance. Who had the audacity to open my curtains and disturb me from my beauty sleep?

"Good morning, love."

I looked at the door and witness the man of my life standing there, bearing a tray with his both hands. He's smiling at me from ear to ear, and I felt my heart stopped for a while.

How can someone be so magical like him?

I rolled my eyes at him when I remembered he was the one who woke me up at 7 am during weekends.

"Oh come on, Chanhee. Rise and shine!" Changmin said as he gently placed the tray on my side table.

He sat beside me and cupped my cheeks and gave me a peck on my lips. He always did this when I'm annoyed because he was aware I couldn't resist him.

I hated that he was correct.

"But it's too early..."
I pouted. He just chuckled and hugged me. I dug my head deeper onto his neck, softly planting kisses on it.

"It's too early for you to wake up at this hour, but not too early for you to be naughty?" He smirked.

I laughed, "Fine. Let me just fix myself."

As I was about to leave my bed, Changmin pulled me back and pinned me down. "Fix yourself later. You need something that can boost your energy."

Right.

"CHANHEE!"

I got back to my senses when I heard Sangyeon's voice echoing in my ear.

"We've been calling you, but you didn't respond. Not even once you looked at us. Is everything okay?" Jacob asked.

I didn't respond. I merely shrugged and went out of the studio. I heard them calling my name, but I didn't dare to look back. I needed a break free from this place. I needed a vacation.

I went to my car and started driving. To where? Neither did I know. I just wanted to escape this world. I heard my phone ringing—it was Kevin this time. He had been calling me for five times already, but I answered none of those. I wanted to be alone for a while. I wanted to find myself. I wanted to find the person I lost because of too much love.

And it all started with a milk.

It was my second day in this university. Did I make any friends during my first day? No. Did I plan on making friends? No. I didn't genuinely like socializing, really, but I also wanted to join some singing club. They have plenty here so I guess I just need to specify one then proceed to audition.

I sat on the corner, as usual, beside the window. I looked at the blue sky with my earphones plugged in my ear. I still have ten minutes before my class starts, but I prefer going early so that I didn't have to disturb other people and I would be able to freely choose my seat.

Startled by the hand suddenly touching my shoulder, I gasped, almost cursing. I was glad I had some self-control skills.

"I wanted to approach you yesterday after class but you quickly put your earphones on and started walking so fast. I was calling you, but I guess you didn't hear me." He said.

He placed a strawberry milk on my desk. He smiled at me, "This one's for you. It's on my, by the way. My name's Changmin. I hope we can be friends."

My eyes widen. Did this boy really buy me a gift? I didn't even notice him yesterday.

"Y-you didn't have t---" I wasn't able to complete my sentence when he sat beside me and brought out some snacks from his bag. "I have to. I want to be your friend, remember?" He said.

He wanted to be my friend? Did I have other choices?

I cleared my throat, so I won't stutter again, "Sure..."

His smile grew wider, "That's great!"

We talked for a bit, actually not we, but he. He continued talking and I was just nodding and agreeing to whatever he said. It's not like I was uninterested, I just feel like he was already oversharing. What if someone overheard what he said then made a rumor about him? Who would he suspect? Probably I because we just met today and it was me who knew he once shit on his pants because he was too afraid to ask his teacher if he could go to the comfort room.

He already narrated ten various stories in a span of ten minutes, and I'm pretty certain he would tell more after our short class.

I stopped in small convenient store to ask where I am because I didn't really have any idea where am I right now. I also wanted to buy some snacks since I knew this would be a long day.

I bought some chips and milk—the same milk that he bought for me.