best kept secret

You and I
You take my hand 
leaving me breathless
~~~~~~~~~~

The moment they met neither boy could stay away. They were desperate for each other's company which, no surprise, lead them into a relationship. It was loving, sweet, and safe. The only condition was that they keep it a secret. It was the very first thing Jeongin had said the moment Hyunjin’s lips left his own for the first time. “Don’t tell anyone” he whispered, almost desperately. 

Frightened by the younger’s sudden change in mood he nodded, taking the boy's hand, and placing a kiss to the top of his head. “It’s our secret baby I promise.” And it stayed that way, just like he promised.

Jeongin knew he could trust him. The boy who left him in love, breathless, and most importantly safe. So he laid against the boy's chest until the moment they knew they had to leave. 

~~~~~~~~~~
Take a look in these big, blue eyes
so you’ll understand
~~~~~~~~~~

Terrified was the only thing the younger boy felt as he stared up at his boyfriend. “Let’s come out, together” he’d just suggested, watching his eyes widen. It had been close to a year, Hyunjin was tired of not being able to love him in public and show people how happy they were. They'd have many fights before about Hyunjin wanting Jeongin to be loved in public. 

"Hyunjin you don't get it if we did. I'd be hated, beaten, maybe killed. There's a reason I fucking hid you from my mother!". It wasn't the shouting that scared Hyunjin. The words stung, and the boy looked frightened now. How could someone hurt his boy? 

The panicked younger boy was quickly drawn into the elder boys chest, soothing words whispered in his ear. "Shh baby it's alright. We don't have too I'm sorry I brought it up, look at me"

Their eyes met, again. Jeongin's looking less panicked. Hyunjin's were filled with adoration. "Do you understand how much I love you?," he asked softly, and in the look they were exchanging, Jeongin knew it was too much to comprehend so he nodded. "Good I'm going to make it my job to make sure you never forget. No matter whether we're hiding or not." 

~~~~~~~~~~
why we whisper in 
in the hallways
I’ll be with you always
~~~~~~~~~~

In a hallway packed with people, Hyunjin’s eyes rested yet again on the small boy, whom which in private he was lucky to call his boyfriend. His heart broke at the sight of yet another bruise adorning the boy’s beautiful face. Many a times had the boys fought. Hyunjin insisting Jeongin come live with him, be safe on his wishes. Jeongin insisting it would only cause more harm, to not tell his mother that he’d be fine if they just left the subject alone. It has caused them many arguments but never would either boy leave the other caring too much for the other. It was temporary and someday they’d be okay. Someday they’d be happy forever, safe and happy.

He knew to hold himself back, not daring to go over to the broken looking boy. After many months of being together and the fights they would have about staying secret, he’d come to realize the reason his mother hurt his boy. So he agreed they’d stay a secret, and now as they reached two years, they were still a secret. The best kept secret. It didn’t go unnoticed when the younger boy began to avoid him, pushing him away and hiding. Hyunjin was fed up with it, and today the boy wouldn’t be able to avoid him any longer. He stared at the boy, waiting for him to look up, eventually their eyes met.

By the time Jeongin did look up, he knew Hyunjin would be staring at him, as he always did when new bruises graced his face, which now was almost daily since he’d been outed to his mother nearly two weeks before, The moment she found out, was not any fault of his, nor Hyunjin’s. In fact  the reason he’d been avoiding him was to keep both of them from being found out, his older brother was on watch for his mother. 

Hyunjin began walking towards him, and Jeongin didn’t stop him. He didn’t turn or walk away from him. Only when he was close enough to only the two of them would here did Jeongin whisper. “You can’t be around me”. Saying it hurt, but it’s all he could think to do. 

“You can’t make me go away. I told you before, I'll always be here baby.” Hyunjin had continued walking, slowing down only for a moment to whisper what he needed. “Meet me after school. You know where.” 

Jeongin knew where he meant. A small park which had become very important to the boys in their two years of hiding. There was a small area, surrounded by trees in which they could hide, together. In no state to argue with him, he just agreed, and he went.

~~~~~~~~~~
Running together
forever you and I
~~~~~~~~~~

Fog clouded Hyunjin’s vision, standing amongst the trees and waiting, but nothing could hide the boy approaching him from being seen. The taller boy watched the younger approach, and once he was close enough the latter didn’t resist. He knew they were alone, he’d been almost too careful about that, and so he walked right into the boy, whose arms went around his waist and he took a deep breath. 

The scent of his boyfriend radiated around him, calming his nerves that had been high ever since he’d been outed. “I’m sorry” he whispered quietly, afraid if he was to loud they be found. Jeongin was shaking, which the other knew was caused by crying, so he made him look up. He placed his lips against the younger boy's for a moment before pulling away and wiping his tears.

"Baby what have I told you about this it's not your fault. This isn't about coming out. It's about these." As he lifted the younger's face he ran he finger of his swollen lip, then, over the bruises adorning his cheeks. 

Breathe hitching, as it often did when the two were so close, Jeongin pulled his hand away, holding it in his own. "Hyunjin I know. I'm ready though. I never want to go home …" He'd packed all his most important things in his backpack that morning, hoping the offer of his boyfriend's house was still open. "Can I still go with you, I'd feel-" 

He was cut off by the older boy's lips, yet again, pressing against his. "I love you baby", was mumbled into said kiss, not pulling away until about six long but chaste kisses later. When he finally did pull away this time he started running toward his house, stopping as he remembered the boy was injured. He turned and waited. 

The younger, finally letting go of some of the negatives, chuckled at the excitement and grabbed his hand to walk with him. "I could still get hurt, she could pick me up or… I don't know just know where I am"

The older shush him again, petting his hair gently. "Nothing is going to be perfect. I have you and you have me. I told my mom the first time you had all those bruises. She knows. I'm sorry somebody had to. In case you got hurt and needed to stay." He quickly apologized, knowing he wasn't supposed to tell a soul. 

To his surprise Jeongin did not look angry, instead he was relieved they'd go somewhere safe. "No I'm glad you did" he admitted. They reached his house without another word, where both boys set their stuff down, the older of the two picking the younger up and carrying him to his bed to rest. As he was placed on the soft mattress he whisper up at Hyunjin. "I'm scared"

The elder laid beside him, placing a few kisses on the boys face, making him giggle, the older boy letting out a chuckle before answering. "It's gonna be okay. I love you. We don't have to hide anymore baby." He answered quietly, already acknowledging the boy was falling asleep. 

The other didn't answer but Hyunjin knew he was loved just the same. He looked down at the nearly asleep boy and whispered. "This is all I need right now" he kissed his head once more. "You and I"