Going Back

Quick author note, this chapter follows the episode where Daryl first comes in. Some of the dialogue are the same and there are some scenes that are different and Daryl does act differently in the story. Also this chapter is longgggg. Have fun! S1, E3 -Mae

__________

The next morning the group started their day off normally, everyone doing what they were doing the previously day. Chloe stayed closed to Dale, the kindness of the old man making her feel safe. As Dale and Chloe sat together Shane came speeding into camp.

Shane pulled to a stop and got out. "Water's here, y'all. Just a reminder to boil before use."

Glenn, Amy and Andrea grabbed the water from the back of the jeep. Chloe stand and made her way over to Glenn. She smiled and tugged on his shirt.

"Mr. Glenn, can I help?" She asked. Glenn smiled down at the girl but didn't get a chance to replay as a scream could be heard from Carl and Sophia. Everyone in camp took off running towards them. Chloe followed behind them confused but she was stop by Carol who took her in her arms.

"What's happening?" She asked trying to catch a peek from where the males were standing. "Is it a monster?"

Carol didn't say anything but kept her from the running towards the walker that now laid dead. Suddenly the sounds of leaves and breaches being snapped could be heard. Everyone rise their weapon, awaiting what's coming. Soon enough Daryl appeared, he take a step back when he saw a gun was being pointed at him but his eyes went straight to the dead deer and the walker the laid next to it.

"-Oh, Jesus,"

"-Son of a bitch," He says claiming over the rocks. "That's my deer." He walked forward his eye on the deer. "Look at it. All gnawed on by this.." he says, kicking the dead body. "...filthy, disease-bearing, motherless poxy bastard. "

"Calm down, son." Dale said. "That's not helping."

Daryl glared at him, walking over to him. "What do you know about it, old man?" Shane placed his gun against his chest, keeping him from getting at Dale. "Why don't you take the stupid hat and go back 'on golden pond'?

He walked away going back to the deer, he sighed and bent down to retrieve his arrows. "I've been tracking this deer for miles. Gonna drag it back to camp, cook us some venison." He looked to the deer neck. "What do you think? Do you think we can cut around this chewed up part right here?"

"I would not risk that," Shane said.

"That's a damn shame," He said. "I got us some squirrel about a dozen or so. That'll have to do."

Chloe ears picked up on her dads voice, she smiled pushing Carol arm off her. "DADDY!" She yelled running toward her dads voice. "DADDY! DADDY!"

Daryl turned just in time to catch Chloe in his arms, Daryl smiled but had place her back on the ground as the walkers head started to move again. "Come on, people. What the hell?" He said pushing Chloe behind him and aiming his crossbow at the walker head and shot it. He walked over to it and took his arrow out. "Its gotta be the brain. Don't y'all know nothing?"

He grabbed Chloe's hand and started to walk up towards camp. Rick watched the too walk away. "Merle!" Daryl shouted Chloe dropped her hand, tears started to form in her eyes. . "Merle! Get your ugly ass out here! I got us some squirrel. Lets stew 'em up."

"Daryl, just hold up a bit. I need to talk to you." Shane said siting his gun in the back of his jeep.

"About what?" Daryl asked noticing that his daughter wasn't at his side, but next Glenn.