cw/character desc./imagery

9/15/19

Character: Amelia "Amy" Pond

From: Doctor Who (season 5, episode 1)

As she stood beneath the dim glow of that fantastical blue box that was bigger on the inside, a smile tugged at her glossy, pink lips. She'd already waited fourteen years for him, and she hated the idea of waiting any longer. His question was still hanging in the air, but it seemed as though her eyes had answered it for her. Those magnificent hazel eyes with flecks of gold and stardust. She held a straight face, but her eyes deceived her, for they simply couldn't mask that mischievous desire that burned hotter than the whitest flame. Hotter even, than the red-orange wildfire that erupted from her scalp in the form of thin, spiderweb strands. But her fervent eyes and blazing hair contrasted beautifully with her fragile, porcelain skin. The way the lights reflected off her delicate features was like moonlight on virgin snow. With fingers like rainwater, she delicately scud her hand across the console in the centre of the room, and looked into his eyes deviously. Then she laughed. She laughed that melodic laugh that sounded like a C Major chord on a vintage guitar. And, of course, she still had that unmistakable accent. The accent that made him choose her in the first place, fourteen years ago. The accent that perfectly depicted her unparalleled ability to adapt while never losing sight of her true self. She was the lonely Scottish girl, stuck in small-town England. The girl who waited fourteen years for her Raggedy Doctor to return. That's why he chose her. And that's why she said yes.