Rejection

The plane landed and Julie's father stood waiting by the car. The plane slowly taxied to the waiting cars and stopped. Julie's father watched as the side door slowly opened and the stairs started to drop. Jaeson, waiting impatiently, moving from foot to foot, got tired of waiting and leaped over the stairs to get to the ground and raced over to him and grabbed him by the shoulders.

"Any News?" Jaeson and his wolf begged him.

"We have her general location but the cave system she's in is a rats warren. We don't have her back yet." Julie's father trying to answer matter of factly.

"You can't link with her?" Raw and jagged emotions crossed Jaeson's features.

"We haven't been able to reach her. Her wolf is probably asleep and so can't respond to the pack link. We can't reach Stacy, either." Julie's dad opened up the car door and beckoned the distraught boy into the car. The other members of Midnight silently took their seats among the cars waiting for them with Seokmin and Jungwoo joining Jaeson in the car with Julie's dad.

"What do you know so far?" Seokmin inquired.

"We can't reach the girls telepathically. Not even her mom and I can reach her. Her wolf most likely has been put to sleep." Julie's dad started.

"That means someone who understands wolf physiology is involved." Jungwoo interrupted.

"We're dealing with rogues, that's to be expected." Seokmin reasoned.

"What are we going to do if we can't find her? What if she has been mated already?" Jaeson growled.

Julie's dad put his hand on the young man to calm his wolf. "Julie is strong. She will resist the mate compulsion. We'll get her back."

Jaeson's wolf growled, "Nathan was already delusional and his wolf was already on the brink of going insane. Julie rejecting him will turn him and then he'll kill her. How are you going to get her back then?"

Julie's dad exchanged glances with the others in the car before he replied, "We are doing everything we can to get to Julie before she is in danger. We are not going to let Nathan have her." he looked Jaeson directly in the eye speaking to his wolf as well. " You have to trust that we are going to get her back or you both will also be at risk."

"I've watched the ones I've loved die before and I can't let it happen again." Jaeson's wolf whispered.

"What is Michelle's state of mind through all this?" Jungwoo asked. "She can't be happy that her mate kidnapped another."

Julie's dad sighed, "We don't know her current location. As soon as the caves were located she disappeared. We assume she is chasing after them." Jaeson just rolled his eyes and huffed as the news just kept getting better and better.

The cars reached the search site and everyone got out of the cars. Jaeson started scanning the area for Julie's Alpha. Seokmin put a hand on Jaeson's shoulder to calm him and nodded toward a group of men surrounding a table where Alpha Brian was directing the search. Jaeson shook off Seokmin's hand and stormed off towards the Alpha, his movements agitated and the worry clear in his movements.

Seokmin rushed after Jaeson and they reached the group at the same time. "What is the status of the search?" Seokmin asked first.

Alpha Brian looked up to see who spoke and saw Midnight grouped behind Seokmin and Jaeson. "Ah, you're here." Alpha moved a couple of maps around till he had the one he wanted showing the cave system below in black and white. "This is the cave system we are searching at the moment. As you can see it's extensive and deep. We're coloring in the areas we have searched so we don't double back and waste time."