Under The Stars

Lilian bounced excitedly as Gildedguy was packing up the last few things.

"Wait. What are we doing again?" Lilian asked as he looked at the peculiar items in the backpack.

"Backyard camping," Gildedguy answered still putting some things in the pack.

"Backyard camping?" Lilian echoed.

"Yes," Gildedguy said, zipping up the backpack. "It's like normal camping, but you do it in your own backyard."

"Oh! That's gonna be so much fun!" Lilian cheered. "I can't wait to sleep under the stars!"

He sprung around impatiently as Gildedguy put on the backpack and scooped up the tent.

"Alright, let's go!" Gildedguy said, walking up to the door. Lilian bounced up to his side, pushing open the door to the outside. He was just about to step onto the porch before he heard a loud CRACK!

Lilian and Gildedguy stared blankly outside at the pouring rain and the soaking wet grass. A loud rumble churned through the air as the result of a nearby lightning strike.

 A loud rumble churned through the air as the result of a nearby lightning strike

Gildedguy's shock slowly morphed into a seething feeling of bitterness. It was supposed to be bright and sunny today! There wasn't even a chance of rain in the forecast earlier.

As Gildedguy glared at the deluge from the sky, Lilian sighed in defeat. He turned around and stepped back inside somberly. "How are we gonna sleep under the stars now?" He asked, planting himself on the floor.

Gildedguy closed the door a slight more harshly than he had intended. He dropped the tent and took off his backpack before slumping down in a chair, frustrated with himself for not considering the possibility of rain.

After a moment, he heard the patting of small feet and looked up across the room to see Lilian, his face up against the window. He breathed on it, causing a small cloud of condensation to appear on the glass. He then proceeded to draw a smiley face with his finger.

Gildedguy chuckled to himself. He never had admitted it, but he admired and was a little envious of Lilian for his undying enthusiasm to turn any sad moment into a mountain of fun. Even though the activity he was very excited about was ruined, he still found a way to make the best of it. If only Gildedguy could find a way to turn this failed trip into an enjoyable one.

Then he got an idea.

Gildedguy jumped off of the chair and ran to a nearby chest that was full of an assortment of items. Lilian perked up at the sudden excitement and walked over to the chest.