Chapter 18

It was a few weeks until we graduated from high school. I was laying down on my bed, accompanied by Meliodas who's head was on my stomach while laying horizontally, his legs off the bed.

We were just on our phones, occasionally showing each other things we thought were funny and started laughing.

It was a Saturday around 1:00 PM. Meliodas and I spent a lot of our days together which was why we had such a strong relationship.

Suddenly, his phone dinged with a text message. He smiled and texted back, turning to face me.

"The sins want us to go with them to the local summer kick off carnival, wanna go?" he asked. I grinned and nodded my head. The carnival was where Meliodas and I had our first date, that was very special to us.

He hopped off the bed before taking my hand and helping me up. I went to go get changed into something nicer, since I was only wearing sweat pants and a tank top.

I changed into blue ripped jeans, a pink tucked in shirt and a black cozy jacket. Meliodas snaked and arm around my waist and together we began walking to the carnival.

When we arrived, we were waved over by the sins and Elaine who had been waiting for us. Together, we all trudged into the carnival.

We wanted to go on a few mellow rides first but Ban was having none of that and forced all of us to go on a loop ride. I sat next to Meliodas of course and the ride zoomed off. I was screaming and laughing. I threw my arms up in the air as Meliodas did the same, intertwining our hands.

Once we got off, everyone was babbling about how fun it was and that we should go on another one. When we began to board the roller coaster, Meliodas tried to sit with me but Diane grabbed me instead.

"Oh no shorty, I'm sitting next to Elizabeth this time," she mentioned, sticking her tongue out. Meliodas pouted and I kissed his cheek, saying I'll see him after the ride.

For the rest of the night, everyone took turns riding coasters with each other. Escanor was probably the most entertaining since he kept screaming how he was more powerful than the ride and would not yield.

Eventually, it came time for the Ferris wheel. Of course, I went on with Meliodas, but this time we were a lot closer than before, our sides touching, his arm around me and my head rested on his shoulder.

"I love you so god damn much, Elizabeth," Meliodas beamed. I turned to face him, my face pink but my lips turned upward.

"I love you too, Meliodas. I can't imagine where I'd be without you..." I trailed off. Where would I be if I hadn't met Meliodas? Where would I be without my friends?

Meliodas noticed the solemn look on my face and kissed my forehead.

"Hey, it's okay, your not alone anymore, you'll always have me," he reassured. I kissed him softly and he kissed back right away.

"Thank you, Mel." A firework exploded across the sky, and we turned our smiling faces to watch the colors light up the entire carnival.

At one point a light purple firework and a violet firework in the shape of hearts boomed across the night sky, and it reminded me of two very special people. Somehow I knew they were watching over me.

A single tear rolled down my cheek and I smiled.

"I love you too, Marg and Vero."

Time skip~

Meliodas was going to spend the night at my house which wasn't a shocker since we do everything together. Right when I got into my room I began stripping off my clothes until I was only in my bra and underwear.

It didn't matter, I was comfortable changing in front of Meliodas now. Suddenly two arms wrapped around my bare waist from behind and I jolted.

"Elizabeth, my love, don't get me wrong I love every part of you, but you should start eating more. You're very skinny," Meliodas spoke worriedly.

As much as I hated to admit it, he did have a point. My ribs still poked out of my chest as if they could burst from my skin at any minute.

My thighs had a large gap between them and were small. I sighed and leaned my head back, staring at the ceiling. I moved my arms to hold his which still resided over my waist.

"I know I know, it's just I don't really have that big of an appetite," I explained. Meliodas kissed just between my shoulder blades and nodded, resting his chin on my shoulder.

"I should probably finish getting changed," I pointed out. He reluctantly let go of me and I fished through my drawer for my pjs. Meliodas was only in his boxers which made me blush and scramble into my bed.

Meliodas laughed and turned off my light before climbing into bed with me. We faced each other, staring into each other's eyes for a second before we leaned in and kissed.

Meliodas pulled me towards him, his arms around me while I put my hands on his chest. We broke away and smiled.

"Goodnight, Ellie," Meliodas yawned. I grinned, snuggling into his neck and closing my eyes.

"Goodnight, Mel."

Hey everyone! I'll probably be ending this book at the next chapter, just letting you all know.