The Courtesy Call

My name is Ren. Everything....was white....my ears rung loudly.... KUnIO had died.... I could escape but something dragged me away....

I woke up slowly in a room that wasn't my own, but yet it wasn't the hyper sleep capsule...
The bed was stiff and uncomfortable but then a voice from the intercom.

"Good morning, you have been in suspension for -FIFTY- days. In compliance with state and federal regulations, all testing candidates in the Aperture Science Extended Relaxation Center must be revived periodically for a mandatory physical and mental wellness exercise" The voice states "You will hear a buzzer. When you hear the buzzer, look up at the ceiling" was added then the buzzer went off. I looked up at the ceiling. "Good. You will hear a buzzer. When you hear the buzzer, look down at the floor" the loud buzzer went off again and I looked down. " "There is a framed painting on the wall. Please go stand in front of it." they said. I walked over to the small painting of a landscape. "This is art. You will hear a buzzer. When you hear the buzzer, stare at the painting" I stared at the painting after the buzzer went off. "You should now feel mentally reinvigorated. If you suspect staring at art has not provided the required intellectual sustenance, reflect briefly on this classical music." The soft classical music started playing, it was calming... then the music was interrupted by a loud buzzer. "Good. Now please return to your bed."

I walked to the bed and fell asleep quickly. Everything almost fading away into white.

I woke up once more, a bad headache almost taking over my head. I grabbed my head and winced.

"Good morning. You have been in suspension for nine nine nine... nine nine ni- This courtesy call is to inform you that all test subjects should immediately vacate" it then faded out.

"Hello? Anyone in there?" I heard a voice at the door, she had a British accent. My throat was itchy and in pain to the point I couldn't talk. "Helloooo?" She repeated. "Are you going to open the door? At any time?" She said. "Hello? Can y--no? Are you going to open the door? At any time?" She said almost annoyed. "Oh, just open the door!" She then mumbled to herself "That's too aggressive." She then got louder once more. "Hello, friend! Why not open the door?"

She mumbled once again "Hm. Could be Spanish, could be Spanish." She started talking loudly again "Hola, amigo! Abre la puerta! Donde esta--no. Um..."

"Fine! No, absolutely fine. It's not like I don't have, you know, ten thousand other test subjects begging me to help them escape. You know, it's not like this place is about to EXPLODE." She huffed "Alright, look, okay, I'll be honest. You're the LAST test subject left. And if you DON'T help me, we're both going to die. Alright? I didn't want to say it, you dragged it out of me. Alright? Dead. Dos Muerte." I stepped onto a creaky floor board "Hello! Helloooooooooooo! Go on! Open the door! Hello!" She pouts