Untitled Part 12

Oliver slept little that night. His mind was racing. The meeting with Slade had gotten his adrenaline pumping and he had not been that worked up since his time in Hong Kong. He saw light starting to peek over the horizon and he looked over at Felicity sleeping soundly by his side. Her soft lips were slightly parted, her lashes lay in a shadow against her porcelain skin. She was beautiful. He gently brushed the hair back from her face and then slipped out of bed.

Usually when he got this agitated, he would go run. But he did not have his running gear. All he had was his suit from the night before, so he stood at the window looking out over the gardens behind the house. He heard Felicity stirring behind him and a few seconds later a very naked Felicity was pressing against his back.

"Good Morning." She kissed the middle of his back before moving to stand in front of him.

"Good Morning." Oliver leaned down and kissed her softly placing his arms around her waist. Neither was embarrassed about their nakedness. As with everything between them it was easy and natural to just be themselves.

"You ok?" She looked at Oliver with concern. He seemed worried about something.

"Just feeling a little anxious." This was the first time in a long time that Oliver's PTSD was affecting him, and he took a deep breath, trying to use some of his techniques to stop the anxiety from getting worse.

Felicity realized for the first time just how much Slade had affected him. Felicity placed a hand on each side of his face. "Look at me Oliver." He glanced down at her but then looked away again. "No, look at me Oliver."

He finally met her eyes and when he saw the acceptance and tenderness there his body started to relax.

"Just focus on me." He continued to look into her eyes as he finally started to feel normal again and he leaned down and kissed her before placing his forehead against her own. They stayed that way for several minutes and then she pulled back.

Their bodies pressed together, warm skin to warm skin hit Oliver again and he kissed her deeply. She was so soft, and he picked her up to carry her back to bed when she squealed.

"I have some meetings this morning."

Oliver growled and then kissed her nose before setting her feet down. "Then you had better get dressed before I say screw it and keep you in bed all day." God that sounded heavenly.

His eyes danced with a light that had been lacking a few minutes before and she grabbed her robe and threw it on as he started to dress. "Can I see you tonight?"

"I thought you would never ask." She smiled and glanced at her phone. "Call me later?"

Oliver slipped on his shoes and grabbed his jacket before he walked over to her. "How about I cook you some dinner?"

Felicity lifted an eyebrow, impressed. "You cook?"

He kissed her, "I guess you will have to find out." He winked at her and then walked out of the room.

Felicity grinned as she headed to the bathroom for a shower. She had meetings today that she was not looking forward to. However, knowing she would see Oliver later made her day seem better.

***

Oliver nodded to John as he descended the stairs. He approached him and asked to speak with him alone. John led him down the hall and out the front door. As they approached Oliver's car John stopped.

"What's on your mind?"

"Slade." John looked towards the house and then back at Oliver. For some reason that did not surprise him.