peter and alice

" peter?" I slowly looked at alice when she called me.

" yes, alice?" I answered.

She smiled.

Damn that smile.

" can you take me to neverland?" She asked.

" you know ali---" she hushed me by her hand signals.

" i said can you take me to neverland?" She repeated.

This girl.

Tinignan ko sya ng seryoso. " i--- i cant." Her smile fades away. " i cant take you to neverland alice. Im powerless." At nginitian ko sya.

Ako si peter at sya si alice. We always wanted to watch fairytales together. Maybe were meant to be together. Im peter--- just like peter pan in neverland and shes my alice----- my very own alice in wonderland.

Lagi nyang sinasabi sakin na gusto nyang pumunta sa wonderland at pagkatapos ay sa neverland naman. After she discuss those i just laugh at her wild imagination.

" pero pedro!" Maktol nya. Oh my alice. Tumawa na lang ako sa kakulitan nya.

" we can never go to such place like that alice. Were just humans, keep that in mind." Paliwanag ko at tiningnan sya.

" ikaw, pwede mo ba akong dalhin sa wonderland?" Tanong ko.

She smiles brightly " of course! I can always take you there my pedro."

" salamat alice." Sabi ko habang nakatungo sa kanya. Pandak kasi sya.

" thank you for what?" Tanong nya.

I hug her " for making me happy and satisfied everyday i remember i can never be complete". And with that my tears fall like water falls.

Fuck these tears.

Its midnight and were still here at side of the bay under the light of a thousand light stars.

" kung sakaling mawawala ako pedro, anong gagawin mo? San mo ko hahanapin? Sa wonderland ba o sa neverland?" She suddenly asked.

I just focused my sight at the bright stars.

" hindi kita hahanapin" seryoso kong sagot.

I felt her tighten her grip upon holding my hands around her waist. " wag kang gany---"

"Kasi hindi ka mawawala." I faced her " hinding hindi ka mawawala" and under the thousands of stars above the sky and along the sound of the waves in the sea, i kissed the girl of my life intently.

She's my everything.

Im sorry alice, hindi kita kayang dalhin sa isang lugar na hindi naman totoo. Hindi pwede ang katotohanan sa lugar ng mga kasinungalingan.

Nobdoy can go to such places like that. Nobody can. Nobody does.

I cant risk you to a place that isn't true.

I cant take you to a place that lies is everything.
____________

*3 years later

" congratulations pedro! Natapos mo din ang pagiging doktor mo!!" Tinitigan ko lang si alice habang masayang masaya na naktitig sa diploma ko.

Shes wearing my graduation hat. And its so cute.

" at next year, ako naman ang magpapasuot nito sayo" turo nya sa graduation hat na sout nya, tapos ngumiti. " at pareho na tayong magiging doktor!" I hug her tight.