November 3rd

How could this happen? Why to Bari, he was an innocent child! Where did it all go wrong?

I remember now, it was that day four years ago. On November Third, when I met Alice. It was a chilly morning, I was out collecting herbs from the garden. Mum had said she was visiting, so I was going to make her favourite herbal tea. Then out of nowhere, she walked into my life. Well, tripped into it more accurately. She fell face first into the soil all the while ruining her beige dress, but she quickly steadied herself and got up like nothing happened. I was of course startled at the predicament, but as a gentleman and a doctor I rushed over to her aid.

"Are you quite alright, you took quite a tumble there." I had asked as she was brushing off the dirt from her clothes, not paying mind to my presence. "I'm fine, but yeah that was a damned bloody fall there." She stated, speaking with a thick Scottish accent. She turned to face me for the first time, her jaw dropping when she saw me. "Y-you're a...a..." "Yes, I am a Doctor." "No, you're a Puck!" She said loudly, her finger pointing at my horns. I honestly have to say that her gawking and pointing was rather rude, almost offensive. But I held my tongue, knowing not to snap at a lady. I reached out my hand, bowing slightly.

"Yes, and my name is Doctor Wilkie Bills if you will. Lovely to meet you, Ms...?" She stared at me for a moment, before hesitantly reaching out and accepting my handshake. "Alicia, Alicia Patricks. But most just call me Alice, among other things." As she shook my hand she brushed a wild lock of her fiery red hair, hair that cascaded down her shoulders like a waterfall of lava and copper.

After our quick introductions, I invited her in for tea. She accepted and we spent the whole evening chatting about ourselves and each other's lives, her about life as a housemaid for a upper class family and me as a doctor doing research on medical herbs with the forest. When Mother arrived, it only got more cheerful with laughter and jokes all around. I could never forget the first time I saw her laugh, her shoulders bouncing as she cackled with an enormous smile upon her freckled, ivory face. The way her nose scrunched up as she snorted, and the way she blushed afterwards was simply adorable. From that day on, She visited me almost every day for the past year. Each day was more joyful than the last, and as the days turned to weeks and the weeks to months, Alice and I grew ever closer. My life was truly perfect, until that day.

November third, the day I was planning on confessing my feelings to Alice. I had set up a nice meal for us when I heard knocking at my door. As I was about to respond, ten policemen busted my door, ripping it off it's hinges. Before I knew what was happening, I was being pinned down and dragged out of my home. I was dragged through the human town, kicking and screaming when I saw Alice. I called out to her, saying that I loved her with all my heart. But she only looked in disgust, spitting in my face. "How could I ever love a damned Puck?" She said, disgust fuelling her words. As my heart broke in that moment, I stopped struggling and was dragged away to Carnival row.

It has been a year since that day, and today marks another year of pain. This morning I got a letter from the human police, it was from my mother. She said that my little brother was murdered, the killer wasn't caught. While I had known that a murder was on the loose, hearing of my brothers death had finally broken me. I hand fallen to my knees as I finished reading, the pain from the last couple of years hitting me at once. These are my final words before I end my suffering, before I rejoin my little brother. My death will be on the same day that I first felt wonder, love, hurt, and loss. Today is to be my final day.

November 3rd.