Chapter One

Lynn Gilbert pov.
My eyes fluttered open, the pungent smell of a hospital room hit full force. I suddenly bolted up remembering the prior events, Kye and and I were 'rescued' and brought to Mystic Falls Hospital from an island called Keāa Pīṣ̄āc where we spent a couple months there together alone. The nurse came in with a new IV bag to put in me, I slowed my breath till she was close enough I grabbed her wrist and she gasped in shock.
"Where's my husband, Kye?" I asked sternly.
"You're husband? The room next to us. Your cousins are on their way here, you should probably get some-!" I pushed the nurse out of the way and ripped the IV out and heart monitor off then ran to Kye's room.

When I got inside I saw him fighting off security. Rushing to his side pushing away security he frantically looked around the room. I grabbed his face eyes on mine and he instantly calmed down. He then kissed me furiously then let go and said.
"You okay sweetheart?" I nodded and kissed him, this time was more passionate. I then turned around hearing someone's footsteps coming toward the room and saw Elena and Jeremy in tears of joy. They both came rushing up to me hugging me.

Elena and Jeremy then noticed Kye, Elena was first to speak up.
"Whose this Lynn?" I looked to Kye as he winked at me and stood up and put his arm around my waist and he said.
"I'm her soon to be husband." Both Elena and Jeremy looked shocked then Jeremy asked.
"So what's your name?"
"My names Kye, Kye Lightfoot." To which I giggled at there mini stare down.
"So are you going to come live with us?, by the way where's Aunt Jenna?" They looked at each other with a sad look on their faces.
"I'm so sorry." I then gave them both a hug.