Introduction

"With a simple, quick screech of the tires, the roses were destroyed. "

"The flowerbed got torn to shreds and the grass began to wilt, with a dark cloud of fog sweeping over it like the chilled breath by the devil himself; A long breath; A withering breath; A cold breath. It swoops down the hill and up the roads. Everything it comes across soon wilts and withers away. "

"But sir?" Questions Cho, a member of Professor Dolosa's class. She raised her bright hand into the air, interrupting him politely. And with a turn, Professor Dolosa turned, halting his poetic story with a drop of his rose-entwined wand.

"OH! The interruption!" He replies, revealing himself for the class to bask in his...flamboyancy. "Whatever could be so important as to halt my poetry?"

Lamin Dolosa, or Professor Dolosa to most, is a slightly new teacher to Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry, but most definitely not a new custom to him. He's most commonly seen wearing large, poofy clothing that would most definitely stand out in a crowd. His eyes are covered by large, lime glasses making it impossible to see his eyes, studded by white gems. His shining black hair is combed to the side, two strands falling to his chest. A giant, royal collar of sage sprouts from his shoulders, entwined by a necklace of dark green pearls. His lips are clear of studs but painted with sea-green paint, two flicks of paint like tails coming off the commissures. His large, flamboyant robes come out as green and black, frilled like the muggle Stuart era clothes. At the end of his sleeves are, of course, his hands, which are decorated with around twelve rings each and painted nails of many dark colours.

After replying in his annoyingly dramatic tone, with a hint of german, Cho stared in utter confusion. She snapped out of it soon. "Well, you see, we were wondering what this has to do with jinxing?" She said, with the class silently muttering to each other in agreement. "Not to be rude, however!" Cho added on, quickly, as not to offend their teacher.

"Whatever could you mean?" Replies Dolosa, folding his shawled arms. "I feel that poetry is a one way trip to creative jinxes and curses! Take a look at the Triwizard maze, for example!" He would yell, gesturing out to the hedge maze outside. As he stated, it was he who made the maze 'alive'.

"Yes, but you see sir..." Explains Cho, her Ravenclaw personality kicking in. "I think that-"

But before Cho could state her opinion, the Hogwarts bell had rung and the students were packing up. She looked shocked, as though the bell had just purposely stopped her, but continued to pack up. "Remember, pupils! Your homework is to work on the Geminio curse!"

Finally, as the pupils leave from the class, Professor Dolosa rests on his chair and sighs, adjusting his oversized sunglasses. But, as expected, another student walked in. Harry Potter; the Boy who Lived; still in the fourth year; and wearing oversized robes. "Sir?" He would call out, walking across the tables. At the sight of this, Dolosa rose from his seat and leant on the desk, resting his chin upon his palm.

"Yes, Mister Potter?" He responded, smiling with his decorated lips and shining white teeth.

"Well..." Harry would begin, leaning on a desk. "I was wondering...Professor McGonnagall says that you were the one who made that maze kill people? I mean, it almost killed me. Is it true?"

But it seemed Dolosa didn't take offence to the 'kill people' aspect of the sentence. "It is very true, but it does not kill people, Potter! It merely...hurts them. Badly." The professor would explain, running his finger across the desk subconsciously. "But yes, I did jinx that hedge maze."

"But why?"

"Why what?" Dolosa questioned, tilting his head, which made the two strands of hair sway.

"Why did you make it that...dangerous?" Harry stammered.

"Well, it's the Triwizard games, is it not? I mean, if I went in there, I could get out almost instantly since I was the jinxer!" Dolosa would explain with a chuckle. "It's a fun little knack, I have really." He'd then begin to brag, waving his hands dramatically. "Dolosa Locomotor...my very own spell...if I have jinxed something, I can control it."

"Sir, that wasn't what I asked." Harry would interrupt.

"Oh. Oh yes! Aha! Well, the main reason I made it dangerous is to hurt whoever entered. That could be in my defence in a battle or just for some fun and games! I was PLANNING to make it kill, but the headmaster during 1892 said 'oh no, too dangerous! make it only HARM them.' Harm them my rectum." Dolosa would babble, but meanwhile, Harry was examining the room.

Just like the Professor, the room was decorated in black and green with hints of plant life. It seemed everything in here was jinxed or charmed, as even the carpet had a moving queen that seemed to be holding the legs of the chairs to her sides with many arms. The chairs didn't seem to like that, with their clawed feet moving about. The windows looked as though they weren't there. That was until a small, baby wyvern flew into one and went out with a splat. This probably happened quite a bit, as the bushes below them launched up and wiped it away.

"Um...sir." Harry would state, hoping he didn't just interrupt a ramble. "What was that thing you said? Dolosa Locomotor?" 

It has a nice ring to it, Harry thought to himself. Dolosa Locomotor. Dolosa Locomotor. Could say it all day, if I could cast it.

"Yes! My very own spell! That of which only I can use." Professor Dolosa would say, jumping Harry out of his trance. "Well, you see, Potter. When you curse or jinx something, or possibly even charm, you don't want them going to waste! Here. Let me show you."

For the demonstration, he waved his hand in front of his chest and the shawl lifted to reveal a living rose. The stem and leafy vines of the rose crawled out and wrapped around Dolosa's wrist, attaching the wand to his hand. He raised the wand over his shoulder, aimed at the entrance and yelled.

"DOLOSA LOCOMOTOR!"

And with a sudden bang, the door flung open to reveal that the two Thestral (Dragon like horses with skeletal wings and boney bodies) sprung to life and began snapping at students, scaring them. Dolosa was laughing at this, quite pompously, with his hand on his chest. "Oh! Oh yes, Jinxed statues. One of the best kinds!" And with a wave of his wand, the Thestrals went back to their place in a guarding posture and turned back to stone.

"Isn't that a bit dangerous?" Harry said, still staring at the now-closed doors. 

"Dangerous? Of course, it is! If somebody, like he-who-must-not-be-named, came to my door...I have my little jinxed pets to guard me!" Dolosa would explain, waving his wand high and causing the rose to take it back into his pocket under the shawl.

"Was there something else you wanted, Mister Potter?" Dolosa would continue, sitting back down at his pig-sty of a desk.

"Umm..." Harry would ponder. "Yes! I was wondering if you are running detention."

Dolosa would tilt his head, confused. "And why would you want to know that? You aren't being naughty, are you?" He'd ask, playfully.

"Oh! No, sir. Ron was yelling at Filch and got given detention and I was wondering if it was you who would be running detention."

"Oh yes. I am running detention today. Ron is that...round-faced boy, yes? With the teeth?"

"No, sir. That's Neville."

"...the one with the long brown hair and tannish skin?"

"Hermione."

"The-"

Harry then interrupted with a yell: "He's the ginger one! The one with the long nose and freckles!" After yelling, he'd breath deep, hoping shouting wasn't a pet-hate of Professor Dolosa.

Dolosa paused. "Oh yes! Aha, I knew that! I was just testing you! Ahahaha...heh...well, he'll probably just learn his lesson by trying to put the chairs on the tables. That will be fun."

And with that final word: Harry smiled, turned and left. Finally. Dolosa would think, waving his hand and locking the door with a nearby stone dagger. Peace and quiet. And with that final word, he drifted off to sleep.