13. Mine

(Y/n) pov

"(Y/n)!" Diane shouts my name.

I slowly sit up, rubbing my cheek that likely has a big red spot from the way I was lying on the table.
"Hmm?"

"Did I ever tell you how much I missed you like, I miss you more than king or meliodas did. even more than Ban!" Diane declares.

"What?" Ban steps in because he heard his name.

"Diane was telling me that she missed me more than you did." I yawn.

"Oh really?" He chuckles.

"Yesh! (Y/n) is mine, so stay away from her!" Diane picks me up effortlessly.

"Diane?!" I squeal with a giggle.

"(Y/n)! Stop trying to steal my diane!" King yells.

"King! Me and (y/n) are in love. There's nothing you can do to get in the way of our happiness!" Diane shouts, stepping onto a table.

I feel like I missed a lot during my little nap, feeling a little too sober for this.

"Ban! you need to help me stop our girls from leaving us!" King whines.

"No way, dude, this is hot, and I don't know what planet you're living on because there not, "our girls"." Ban laughs.

"But, but," King pouts.

Diane, let's my feet touch the table top, but it keeps me close with an arm wrapped around my waist.

"Now let's show everyone how much we love each other!" Diane says, more to the room than to me.

"NO!" King cries.

Diane runs her hand through my hair to hold the back of my head, looking into my eyes before she kisses me. Her lips are soft, but the kiss isn't. It's very obvious that she's drunk. I think half of the kiss is her front teeth.

I pull away, then kiss her forehead.
"I think that's enough."

"But (y/n)~" she pouts.

"It's ok, I just don't want to make King angry." I grab the corner of Kings pillow and drag him over to her, smiling at her while doing so, but I let it drop when I turn, and she can't see my face.

I shouldn't feel this sad. This empty after someone I genuinely love and care about tells me she loves me. Maybe it's because I know Diane's definition of love isn't as strong as mine.

I love the sins, my family, Elizabeth, and Danny.

Diane loves most of the sins, her family, Elizabeth, some holy nights, some holy knight apprentices, every one of her friends, every kind baker, every one of her friend's friends, if she doesn't actively dislike someone she loves them.

The past

I feel like I'm in a forest of books, after discovering a building called a public library that I'm allowed to use for free.

I dicide it's a perfect place for me to start. I'm going to need as much knowledge as I can get to navigate through this world on my search for Ban.

I start making a pile of helpful books on a table when I find a book titled Losing Immortality. I pick it up curiously and maybe a little hopeful.

"Endarah, how may I help you?" A voice startles me into dropping the book.

"Oh, um, no thanks, I think I have it figured out." I quickly pick the book back up and face them.

A beautiful woman with long, white, wavey hair that goes down to her ankles and freckles that cover her face like stars cover the night sky. She looks exactly like someone who frequently shows up in my dreams.