Part 11

They're all safe... for now...

Renjun sat in his room later that week. Jeno, Jaemin and Jisung were out with Mark. The quiet atmosphere was perfect.

We get tomorrow off, and then the weekend. Nice.

He was so preoccupied with this train of thought that he almost didn't notice the door open. The yelling that followed, however, was difficult to miss.

"No, I already told you, we aren't dating yet!" Jisung was screeching at Mark. "Just because I asked him to come over tomorrow-"

Renjun heard a squeal, which was followed by Jeno's screaming. "What did he say?!"

Renjun poked his head out the door. Jisung was on the couch, hiding his face with his hands. The other three crowded around him.

"Leave Jisung alone, guys," said Renjun. "He hasn't even told us if he likes Chenle yet."

"Maybe he hasn't told you!" Mark said. Renjun blinked.

Jisung scrambled off the couch and ran to his room, locking the door behind him.

"How dare you tell these hoes about your crush before you tell me?" Renjun yelled. He went to Jisung's room. "Let me in or I swear to Satan that I'll find a way to sell your soul!"

Jisung opened the door, pulled him inside, and then slammed it shut again.

"I didn't mean to, honest! We were playing two truths and a dare." That was a game played with four people, where three people would come up with two truths and one dare to ask the fourth.

Renjun flicked his forehead. "You know better than to play with them when they're trying to get a secret out. Those three are the masters of that game!"

Jisung scowled as he rubbed his forehead. "It was worth it. Mark can't touch Haechan for a week, and he also can't say that it's a dare."

"How did that happen?"

Jisung shrugged. "Oh, Jeno asked Mark for his deepest, darkest, secret, and then Jaemin asked if Haechan ever calls him daddy."

Renjun choked. "WHAT THE HELL, JAEMIN?"

A muffled voice said from outside the door, "I think I know what you're talking about, but I'm just going to quietly slip away."

Renjun ran out the door, chasing Jaemin. He stopped in the living room.

"Jaemin's hiding, right?" he asked Mark. Mark nodded.

"Where?"

He shrugged.

Renjun sighed. Suddenly, he heard a crashing noise coming from the kitchen.

Jaemin was standing in the middle of the kitchen, and broken glass was all around him. Based on the carnage, it was obvious that he had tried to climb into a particularly large cabinet.

"In my defense," he said with panicked eyes, "Renjun's terrifying."

Jeno laughed. "You broke a few glasses, Jaemin. You haven't seen anything yet."

Renjun and Jisung walked in.

Renjun surveyed the damage, looked at Jaemin, and said, "If I see one tiny speck of glass anywhere when I come back, you're dead."

He stalked out of the kitchen.

"That was pretty calm, for him," Mark said.

Jisung sighed. "No, it wasn't." Jaemin looked up.

"How about this?" He started to say something, then paused. "How about... you all clean this up, and I'll go and try to calm him down?"

All of them looked at him with blank faces. "I'll take that as a yes. Bye!" He sped out of the kitchen and down the hall.

Jeno blinked. There was a sudden stab of pain in his chest.

What just happened?