Chapter 2

Malaya Rodriguez
"Wassup ma." The bearded guy said to me. I hate when a guy calls me ma, but he's fine so I'll let it slide.

He was tall, his beard was nice and full. His accent was nice and thick letting me know he isn't from here. Before I could answer him, I felt a pair of eyes staring at me and I turned around to see one of the strippers shooting me daggers.

Turning my attention back to the handsome man in front of me looking him directly in his eyes I responded, "Hey handsome." I looked over and seen Amara talking to one of his friends.

"You enjoying yourself tonight?" He asked. The way he said it made my knees weak.

Before I could answer the girl that was staring at me walked up to us pushing me in the process. "Ace can I talk to you?" She asked him and looking me up and down.

"Um excuse you." I said looking shorty up and down. Rude ass bumped me could have said excuse me.

She looked me up and down with mug on her face and then replied, "You're excused." She said in a rude tone. Okay this bitch must wanna get slapped the fuck down.

"Talked to me for what? And you aint had to bumped shorty like that."The boy I now as Ace replied. He looked annoyed with her.

"I'm going to leave y'all to work out whatever issue y'all got." I stated walking down the steps with Amara behind me.

I had to walk away before I drag this hoe and end up in jail. As I was walking back, I heard Ace yelling at that girl. She must be one of them delusional ass females that don't get the hint that they ain't nothing but a quick nut.

"What's up with ole girl?" Amara asked with the same annoyed voice I had.

"I don't know but she was about to get her ass beat for bumping me the way she did." I stated with an eye roll.

We made our way to the bar to get us some drinks. We still haven't seen Vanessa yet and she's the one who asked us to help her host this party. Amara and I order our drinks and sat at the bar looking around and talking amongst ourselves.

Some minutes later, I felt somebody tap me on my shoulder I turned around to see that it was Ace. "I just wanted to apologize for what happened and to see if you were ok." He said to me.

"I appreciate you coming to apologize but you didn't have to. But who was she, one your side pieces?" I asked sipping my drink and Amara laughed at my remark.

"You can say that, yea, she is but don't pay her no mind." He said while chuckling.

Before I could reply, I saw Vanessa finally entering the club. I waved her over to where we were. As she was approaching us her eyes was all on Ace.

She had lust all in her eyes as she looked him up and down. She didn't say hi to me or Amara, it was like we didn't exist to her. All she sees in Ace is money and thats all.

"Hello, my name is Vanessa, whats yours?" She asked him while grabbing his hand shaking it. Amara and I looked at each other and rolled our eyes.

Ace didn't seem too interested in her, he pulled his hand back from her. He slipped his hand in his pocket pulled out a piece of paper and a pen. He wrote down something, he eyes fell on me and walked over to me handing me the paper.

"Nice meeting you girls, especially you Malaya." Ace told me with a wink and smirk walking off.

Vanessa looked between me and Ace and then squinted her eyes at me, walking away. She better not start this again like she always does. Every time there's an attractive guy, but they gravitate towards me, she feels the need to compete with me over them.