Prologue

''Luke come on. Give me back my phone!.'' I whined trying to jump up at the 6ft giant waving my phone in the air.

''I told you , you'll have to come get it!.'' he chuckled waving it around.

''Fuck you!'' I mumbled folding my arms and sitting in the middle of the school hallway. Me and Luke have been best friends for years I dont see how ive put up with him for this long. It was the last day until summer break and me and Luke had just been sent to get some paper for art class when he decided to be a dick and take my phone as I was reading it.

''Whos Michael?'' He laughed , ''LUKE!'' I  groaned punching him in the stomach and grabbing my phone from him as he arm fell.

''OWWW!?'' Luke yelled. Moving towards me and looking over my shoulder , ''Is he your boyfriend.'' he laughed poking my cheek. ''No he's my science partner and hes not in school again!'' I groaned. ''Sounds like a dick.'' Luke shrugged his shoulders earning a punch from me again.

''HEMMINGS , WATERS GET HERE THIS INSTANT.'' Yelled one of the old grey haired teachers , Luke grabbed my arm and we sprinted around the corner laughing making our way back into class.

''Forgetting something?'' Miss Evans said , looking around I shrugged my shoulders looking at Luke who had the same confused look on his face.

''The paper?'' she sighed , ''OHHH right funny story you se-'' . ''Sienna sit down. Calum go get some paper from Mr Enfield please.'' she mumbled the other boy nodded and walked out of the room.

After last lesson me and Luke decided to take the long way home down the lake so we could talk about our plans for summer. Mostly we decided what we were doing together since I spend most of my time with him and he spends most of his time with me. We're best friends we pratically live with eachother. 

We stopped off at the arcade to play a few video games as we always do on a Friday and Luke put on these horrendous sunglasses. I tried to get him to take them off but he just thought they were cool which had me laughing at him. We ran into a few older guys who started taking the piss out of Luke until a blonde boy told them to stop and that he liked the glasses. ''Ignore them man I love the glasses. Im Ashton.'' he smiled , Luke thanked him and introduced himself. ''Im Luke.'' ''AND IM SIENNAA'' I chirped causing Ashton to laugh like a little school girl. ''See you around Luke ... You to sienna.''

''He was nice.'' I said using the last of my gaming tokens on one of those claw prize machines not having any luck.
''I guess so? Do you fancy him.'' he laughed. 'Why would I do that when I have a beautiful best friend like you.'' I gushed pinching his cheek then laughing.

We walked the rest of the way home and stopped off at the cafe to get something to eat. Me and Luke lived down the same street across from each other. As we walked down my street I noticed a ambulance outside my house I stood for a moment and stared.

''Luke...'' I said just as my mum rushed out to the road to usher me to come to her.

''I'll talk to you later.'' I said

'''No I'm coming with you.'' he said running across the road to me. I stopped , froze in my space as I saw my dad being rolled out on one of the stretchers and pushed into the back of the ambulance.

''What? What is dad doing in there? DAD!'' I yelled but my mum took my arm pulling me to face her wiping her tears.

''Hes going to be okay. Hes going to be fine..'' she kept saying but I knew she was lying.

Later that night I was awoken by the sound of my mother telling me we had to visit my father to say our goodbyes. My dad was dead. He was gone how could this of happened? Why did this have to happen.

I Kissed my father on the head and told him how much I loved him hoping wherever he was he could here me. When I walked out of the hospital room I threw up I couldn't handle the fact he was gone and I wasn't able to tell him how much I loved him. I went outside to get some air and to my surprise Luke was standing there with his lip between he teeth rubbing his hands together. I ran up to him wrapping my arms around his he stepped back a little surprised by me then wrapped his arms around my holding me tight.

''Its will be okay Sienna. I promise.'' he whispered. I didnt really want to hear that or believe that but it was the thought that counts.

A week later it was my dads funeral almost everyone from town came since my dad was such a big part in our community. Luke was there to hold my hand and give a shoulder to cry on in which I used both. But what happened after the funeral was a shock to us all.

''Sienna come here I need to speak to you.'' My mother said as she explained everything about her new job in Perth and the new house. It was all such a shock to me I just sat there quietly not knowing what to make of it. I knew she needed to leave , she needed to start over but I dont know how I was going to leave this all behind.

Luke P.O.V

Thats kind of how it happened. After Siennas dad had died on the way to the hospital of a heart attack her mum wanted to move away after the funeral. Her mum had decided to take her and everything they had to perth to be with her family. Me and Sienna managed to get her mum to let her stay with me and my family for her last summer here.

''Im going to miss you so much.'' She sighed hugging me tight as we laid on my bed for our last sleepover for awhile.

'' I can visit when we're on breaks and stuff .''

''Yeah but what about after that Luke. Its going to kill me thinking of you on your own''

''I'll make new friends so will you.'' I said letting out a sigh.

At the airport I hugged her so tight I have to admit I did have some stronger feelings for Sienna but I guess her moving away was fate and it showed that we were better off as friends. I kissed her forehead sighing and pushed a strand of her brown hair behind her ear.

''You need to promise we'll stay friends.'' she said

''I promise. Text me when you land okay?'' I forced a smile hiding my facade of pain. 

''Fuck it.'' she said taking my face between her hands and kissing me. She pulled away shocked by her actions and apologized and I shook my head kissing her back.

''I'll see soon okay?.'' I said letting her go.

Little did I know our friendship wouldn't last as long as we both thought.

A/N

HELLO. Welcome to my new fanfiction Close as strangers.

I wont be updating this regulary (YET) because I have exams and need to finish some stories before this. But I was bored and needed to at least put out something for this story which may I admit IS GOING TO BE FUCKING AWESOME.

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE