Chapter 15

"You kids will both stay here." The social worker explained as she took the two inside a group home. Many kids ran about and she lead them towards the room. "Schedules on the wall over there kids should be returning in any minute."

Talks were heard and in came five other kids. Peter held Lilly-Anne's hand as she was slowly shaking.

A tall African-American boy with big dark eyes looked at them and took out his hand. "Names Aires." He shook Peters hand then Lilly-Anne's.

"Peter." Peter replied. "This is my little sister Lilly-Anne."

Next was a blonde girl with her hair in a mid ponytail. She seemed annoyed a bit and distant but she looked at them and Peter noticed her green eyes. "..I'm Emma..." she turned away and walked towards her bed.

That's when Peter noticed a curly red headed boy. Freckles were splattered across his face and he wore huge circle glasses on his face. A purple shirt was on him but he wore a pink jacket. "Hi Im Finn." He smiled.

"Nice jacket." Lilly-Anne replied.

"Thank you. It was my mother's." He bit his lip at the last part but still smiled.

A small girl looked up at them and gave a soft wave as she held a bunny. She seemed to be around four years old.

"What's your name little miss?" Peter smiled as he bent down next to her.

She had puffy curly black hair and beautiful brown skin. Her brown eyes looked up at him and she smiled. "Marisol."

"That's a pretty name." Lilly-Anne replied. "How old are you?"

"This many." She said lifting up four fingers. "Cuatro"

"Cool." Peter smiled although deep down he felt sorry. She is so young.

"Okay kids you know the drill, Aires I want you to help them around." The social worker instructed before writing something on her papers. "Harley, your brother I believe should come in the next day or two. He woke up."

"He did?!" The two breathed out a sigh of relief.

"What about Morgan?"

"Sorry sweetie she is still in the hospital.."

"and our parents?"

The social worker looked at Peter then turned away and closed the door. Everyone looked at the two newcomers almost expecting a story.

"So what happened to your parents?" Emma muttered.

"You dont ask kids that!" Finn replied.

Lilly-Anne looked at the kids and walked over towards the window.

"It won't open." Aires replied. "They keep them locked."

She kept pulling and pulling until she broke the window and it flew open. She looked down as they stood two stories up and sighed.

"Lilly-Anne?"

"Shush." She replied grabbing her brothers arm. "Come on let's go."

"You can't escape from this high!"

Lilly-Anne looked at Peter and he began to shake his head as he realized what she was implying. She wanted him to walk down the walls.

"Come on don't be stupid." Emma spat. "Loser-"

Lilly-Anne curled her fists, heart pounding and blood boiling as she stared at Emma.

"Why is she looking at me like that?" Emma snickered and rolled her eyes. "You bitc-"