Prologue

The Di Angelo name wasn't always a cursed one, nor a story you would tell to frighten others. Once, the name was the symbol of bravery and justice! But it all began to changed 6 years ago...

Before their name was tainted, the Di Angelos were known for hunting down monster of the underworld or created by dark magic. They were the heroes of the time.

    It was a family of 3. Maria and her two children; Bianca and Nico. Bianca, the elder of the two siblings, was stubborn yet tactical. She never failed to impress, taking every task handed to her and completing it without fail.

    Nico, the youngest of the family, was clever yet kind. He had a way of trickery and was able to lure monsters into trap. But unlike his sister, he didn't go on missions. His heart was too kind and pure and in the end, ended up letting the creature go, giving them a portal back to the underworld.

Even with all of their flaws, the family cared for one another deeply, and so did the rest of humanity. They knew the Di Angelos as humble and powerful, so it didn't come as a super that everyone adored them.

That is until the Church came into the picture. They were disgusted by their ways, and thought of them to use black magic. There hatred only grew when monsters of the underworld then began to massacre villages and cities, thinking the Di Angelos were responsible. So they cased the Di Angelos out, and burned down their home. The children survived.

...But their mother was separated from them in the fire and captured. The next day she was burned on the stake, her children watched, crying in anguish in the shadows.

Bianca went cold after that. She yelled at her brother for being too soft when he didn't kill the monsters or the humans who cursed their name. She worked him hard until he would pass out limp from exhaustion. But no matter what he did, it didn't seem enough to her.

Nico woke up one morning, only to see his sister gone. All she had left was her floppy green hat. Turns out she had abandoned him and join a group of hunters. Since then, Nico was alone.

That is, until he met them.