Chapter 13

September 25

"Now guys since yesterday everyone went to sleep expect Liu Feng she will be the one to decide what group will go first to try to remove and treat a bullet wound" Dr.Chang says. I get up and list the name of each group going from the group that will go last to first and obviously I choose my group to go first. So me and Xiao Lin follows Dr.Chang to the other room.

Xiao Lin whispers to me "Is the person going to real or fake" but before I could answer Dr.Chang says "of coarse it won't be human it will be an ape that was shot by a farmer. Poor things really it is us that cuts down the forests causing them to not have a home. If you are wondering why I choose an ape it is because they are so similar to humans and I want to help them."

He opens a door and tells us to enter. We walk in and I see on the wall poster talking about regeneration, degeneration, living forever and etc. I look in the center and see a ape lying down on a table and a girl rubbing the apes back. We when I walk closer I the bullet wound and I think who can do this.

Dr.Chang says "Right now if  you to see an open wound that is deeper than 1/2 inchbleeding, doesn’t stop with direct pressurebleeding, and/or if the bleeding lasts longer than 20 minutes I  would recommend you to see a doctor. Right now what do you see" Xiao Lin says "that the nurse is put direct pressure on the wound but it is still bleeding."

"Correct now what do you do next" Dr.Chang ask.
Me and Xiao Lin looks at him and he says " A doctor may use different techniques to treat the open wound. After cleaning and possibly numbing the area, the doctor may close the wound using skin glue, sutures or stitches. The injured thing may receive a tetanus shot if it is a puncture wound.

Depending on the location of the wound and the potential for infection, the doctor may not close the wound and let it heal naturally. This is known as healing by secondary intention.

This process may require the doctor  to pack the wound with gauze. Although the healing may not look pretty, it prevents infections and the formation of abscesses .

Another treatment for an open wound includes pain medication. The doctor may also prescribe penicillin or another antibiotic if there’s an infection or high risk for developing an infection. In some cases, the doctor may need to preform surgery." "Now you are the doctor and what should you do?" Dr Chang ask

Xiao Lin turns to me and says "I think we should we numb wound" I nod my head me and Xiao Lin goes to wash our hands then we put on gloves. I walk up the ape and I start cleaning the wound and Xiao Lin gets a gel and rubs it around the wound and I open a light and bring it close to the wound. I pick up a piece of equipment that spreads the wound. Then Xiao Lin takes out the bullet and sets the bullet inside the container.

I start stitching the wound while Xiao Lin cleans up the blood around the wound. When I am done stitching Xiao Lin applys a sealing gel then wraps gauze around the wound then we are done.

I realise through the whole entire time I was holding my breath. Dr.Chang claps and say "wonderful job such a wonderful job. What I saw was such amazing teamwork such a wonderful job."

Both Xiao Lin and I take off our gloves and wash our hands. Dr.Chang says "call in the next group when you walk in and wait for every to finish"

Xiao Lon and I walk out in the hall and she says "That was amazing" and I nod my head. When we walk in the class I say "B group your next" and me and Xiao Lin sits down in our seats.

5 hours later

"Everyone did such a good job today have a good day"Dr.Chang says.