Tate Langdon - Death Isn't the End

It was late in the afternoon and I was bored out of my mind.

My parents are out of town for the weekend so I had the whole house to myself, well except for the ghosts to live here as well. I was even best friends one of the ghosts, Tate Langdon. We've been friends since the day I moved here a few months ago.

I have even developed a small crush on him. Actually not a small crush. A huge crush. It seems wrong doesn't it having a crush on a person who is dead but I couldn't help it, it was just his personality that was so endearing. His good looks for just an added bonus.

I was laying down on my bed listening to some music from the early 2000s complain about my music taste mainly because he didn't know the songs.

"(Y/N)." I heard Tate call from downstairs. I walked into my stereo and pause the music.

"Yeah." I shouted back.

"Come here a minute." Tate yelled back.

I walked out of the room and began to walk down the stairs. I then suddenly felt two hands and my back and then they pushed Halfway down the stairs, everything went black.

***

Tate quickly rushed into the room and saw (Y/N) on the floor, her neck twisting at an awkward angle. He immediately began to cry.

"(Y/N)!" He yelled and ran forward and pulled her now dead body close to his chest. He placed kisses on the top of her head. "(Y/N) please come back to me. You can't leave me alone!" Tate begged, tears streaming down his face.

"Oh, how pathetic." A voice came from the top if the stairs.

Tate looked up and saw Hayden stood with her arms folded at the top of the stairs.
"Why would you do this?" Tate asked, his voice unsteady.

"It was getting boring in this house and plus you and your little girlfriend can be together forever. You should be thanking me." Hayden said before she disappeared.

Tate looked back at (Y/N)'s body in his arms. Tate picked up her body and moved it to the couch.
Tate knew that when she woke up, she would be upset. So he sat next to her and waited for her to wake up.

***

I slowly opened my eyes and say Tate my my side clutching my hand. I moved my head slightly but I felt strange. I felt wrong.

"Tate?" I say. Tate's head shot up and looked at me. His eyes were full of sympathy and I also noticed that his eyes were red and puffy.

My eyes began to water. "I'm dead aren't I?"

Tate only gripped my hand tighter and nodded. A single year fell down my cheek and soon enough many more followed. Tate wrapped his arms around me. One arm holding me by my waist and the other on the back of my head, keeping me close to his body. I wrapped my arms around his torso and gripped that back of his sweater.

After a few minutes of crying, I calmed down and pulled away from Tate so I could look at him, but I sill held onto him. Tate moved his hands from the back of my head and my waist to my cheeks. He wiped the rest of my tears away.

"I could of at least died a cool death, not breaking my neck." I smiled slightly. Tate smiled back and rubbed his thumb over my cheek.

I looked at Tate in the eyes. "So what happens now?"

"Well I guess you're stuck with me forever." Tate replied.

"Ewww." I joked.

Tate smiled and his eyes flickered down to my lips. He slowly leaned in and his lips connected with mine. I kissed him back. Months of keeping my feelings a secret, afraid of rejection, I can finally express then. Tate kept his hands on my cheeks and I placed mine on his chest. He slowly pushed me back into the couch so hi was hovering above me. I pulled away first and rested my forehead against his.
"I love you Tate." I say.
"I love you too, (Y/N)." Tate replied and kissed me once more before laying down on the couch behind me and pulling me close to his body. Occasionally play on kisses on the back of my neck.

I guess it's not so wrong now, loving a ghost, considering I am one. Even dead I feel more alive now that I have Tate. I feel like I have everything I could ever need.

I guess death isn't the end.