Chapter 3 Nostalgia

A man walked lazily as he picked an item off the ground below. He stood atop a mountain of rubble, a brick in his hand, broken and cracked. A town of the dead that would not rise again was before him. Looking back, his faithful fifty, men all with resolve and handpicked for a mission gloriously given so long ago. They had neither seen a town still standing nor a soul left unplucked as they continued their pursuit. Him and all of his comrades had been through this too many times. His fifty all looked with still faces that yet inquired as to what he could see ahead.

They could not see over the hill what he could, they could not see what the dark wraiths had done. They did not need to see, a glance told them all they needed. The leader, Drake often took moments like this to think. He could remember his dear father that wished him off proudly as he left. The gaze that almost blatantly told him that he would be there when he returned. It was his father and he knew none that had previously bested him.

In this mission, he had come to shed some of his former innocence. He grew a hate. Hate for all things of the dark, the slanderous parts. If only his father could see what he was trying to do, his father might be proud. He learned to suffer on this endless trek, wounds and the like littlered his body. Parts of his armor cracked, small dents piled up. The end of this was flat from them, yet they had been in countless battles already.

Even after days of walking, his will did not falter. Though he was tired and his bones ached, he could not stop now. He was getting closer, it was obvious. Every fresh ruin became fresher, he could tell they would be upon the enemy within at least a weeks' time. His guess was wrong however, before him was a man! Alive!

"The enemy is near, they are just a bit further! We'll cut them down for those that they have!"

Charging forward, he could no longer feel his tiredness, only his rage. He coated his sword in sunlight, then readied his catalyst for a spear. He only cared for the enemy, he left the man that was still breathing as he was. His small force was not a relief, nor a rescue effort, they were to destroy those who threatened the fire of Gywn's rule, the dark.

"So you've got a kid back home, wherever that i-" the man know known as Tai had stopped midsentence.

As he had recieved a confirming nod from his armored friend, he had put a hand to his chin. His gaze shifted downwards in though, he had quickly noted the clenched fist that trembled sadly.

Tai reached his hand and rest it on the scaled shoulder of the black knight, "I'm sorry for your loss... It must be... Difficult to go through such a thing. I can only imagine how hard it is to not even be able to talk about it if you wanted."

The old warrior patted the air in dismissal and thanks. A truly nice fellow that he just happened to meet this day was good enough to take his mind off things.

"Oh my oum Yang you gotta come check it out there's a Knight downstairs and he's really cool he has a sword come on lets go downstairs right now!" Even muffled by the floor Ruby was quite audible. She spoke so energetically and fast, the former ghost of Lordran even worried for her jaw.

Another voice that seemed to be around the same age could also be heard exclaiming in surprise, "Really really? I want to see!"

It was quite funny and cute, to be young again... Quickly a pitter-patter reverberated through the ceiling, leading away then finally to the only visible set of stairs. Ruby had run down the stairs and almost fell, but suffered no injury. Beside her, a blonde child with significantly longer hair and a taller body that must've been her sister. The look in both pairs of eyes were beaming in inquiry. Ruby decided to introduce the newcomer.

"Mister Knight! This is my sister Yang!"

The sister now known as Yang came close to the Knight and said hello. They bounced around him and scoured his form, eventually fixating on his weapon after a subtle and brutal jab on their father's lack of cool weaponry.