Chapter One

After I got my schooling done, I had landed a job as a newspaper editor. Let's just say I didn't feel happy nor sad, this wasn't my dream job, but it also actually paid me. I was living a normal life, just a simple little happy one.

When I was younger, I made a small promise to myself to change this same boring life. That promise was, on ever New Year's I would make a list of things I wanted to do this year, and by the end of each year each task was completed.

I mostly did this for a motivation to live or for excitement, the feeling of thrill. Also to get over my arch nemesis - procrastination. A nice healthy circle of life, this was the plan. I somehow have managed to keep it up for a while now.

What was I doing this year again?

I glanced over the my sketch, to a bulletin board in front of my desk. There was some deadlines, news articles, mostly this and that.

My eyes end up on the top right corner to see a piece of paper 'Bucket List'. It's was all neatly listed.

1 . Meet, talk , to someone abnormal, someone unique
2.  Make a sweet food abomination, eat
3. Inspire someone, yourself & the people you currently know not included
4. To someone new, try to be a food tour guide. Show them different cuisines
5. Reaally Expensive Shopping Spree
6. Read more classic or poetry
7.  Travel, take a trip
8. Skydiving / Bungee jumping
9.  Pet a tropical, or unusual animal
1o -°-°°--°--°°°°°--°°-°---°--°--°-°-°---°-°-° 

This list seemed simple enough.
Personally it didn't matter if the things in my bucket list was either easy or hard. Just something that was good enough, now that I think about it, I forgot how I even started this? When did it become a habit? How many years have I even been doing this?

My phone buzzed, continuously yelling. I grabbed it, just to find my best friend all the way from highschool texting me. She was away on a business trip. We keep in touch thankfully.

Bff Fuyu

Fuyu:
I just came back from England, finally!

Wanna eat out somewhere once you're done with what you're doing rn

Coral:
Sure, I thought you were coming next weekend though, I would've gotten something special prepared sooner

Fuyu:
Well the plans changed
weather hates my company, so next week the weather will be too disastrous for the plane to fly ( ̄ヘ ̄;)

Anyways wanna meet at the Agency Cafe around 4? ( I literally don't know what else it's called d: )

Coral:
I think I'll be done with this by then

Fuyu:
This? is it your bucket list thing? Early start than your other years (。•̀ᴗ-)✧

Coral:
Hah, no

It's just some drawing, I'll be there ^^

Fuyu:
See youuuu

::

I let out a small sigh, putting down my phone. Fuyu was doing her dream job, which was being model. She had been more busy but still quite happy these past weeks.

I quickly got myself out of my thoughts and checked my phone again for the time. '2:48' I had time, that's good.

Procrastination was always at my favor and it was almost impossible to beat. Fuyu knew this, ah what a great friend I have. Minutes passed by with my fingers tapping at the phone, scrolling through apps.

I looked back onto the bouquet of roses I was drawing. Guess it'll be done later. I checked the time again, now it was '3:06' How!? At least I still had time.

I dragged my body off the chair and went of from the kitchen for a small snack. The clock ticks seemed to move faster than my arms, I bet I was setting a world record for slowest time eating a banana.

I scrolled through social media, and would you look at that. A... well- dead looking guy with a black coat killed some people, thugs who were said to be in debt. He was so hard to describe, the best word for him might be cold vampire?

And shoot, my battery, it was just hitting 15%. I checked the time, 3:17, before plugging in the charger and turning it off so it could charge properly.

I looked through my closet and ended up choosing a dark green hoodie and some simple black pants.

I checked the clock this time, while combing my short hair. '3:30' God am I slow.
After I looked decent, I grabbed my small purse, and stuffed my phone in my pocket. After looking once more in the mirror, I headed off.

The streets were busy with the latest gossip. With a steady pace my legs trudged along the sidewalk, I glanced at my phone. 3:51, wow I might actually be a bit early. The thought made me smile.

The Agency Cafe shined in the sunlight. I grabbed the handles and opened the door, Fuyu was staring out the window, head in her palms. She always early, guess that habit hasn't dropped.

I walked over to see she hadn't noticed my existence yet. I quietly took a seat and whisper yelled "Fuyu!" The slight shock on her face disappeared as her head turned to me.

She truly did look like a model, her long sliver white hair, crimson burning eyes, plus her makeup looking so natural. Her outfit choice was better mine by a long shot.
She wore a checkered pattern top with a jacket around her waist, and short jeans. It was an outfit she had modeled last month.

We started catching up on each other, I told about the crazy stories I looked over, and she told about her runways and the places she went. We ordered some cheesecake and continued to talk for what seemed like a pleasant forever.

"Ah, do you mind if I go to the restroom?" I nodded in 'yes it's fine' and she got up, headed off in the restrooms direction.

My thoughts wondered again as I slowly ate the cheesecake. Thoughts overlapped as my mind added more things to think about. Everything flowed like a river, coming and going, parting in different ways in my mind.

My golden eyes hadn't blinked in the past few seconds, my mind was silently concentrating on all the things I was thinking about.

Bucket list- I needed to finish that. The though reminded me of all my past years, the friends I had made, the stories I heard, the lessons I learned. Ahh what was number one again? I remember, make new abnormal friends.

I came out of my thoughts when something took my palm gently.

Word count: 1153

(Sorry if this is a bit bad, this is my first book, please point out any grammar mistakes or things in general. Also thanks to bxkudeku for giving some inspiration
(ㆁωㆁ)