Hyde's feelings

Jekyll's POV

After some time, I wake up. It seems to be dark, so I look at the clock. The time is 2:43 a.m. almost 3 in the morning. 'How long have I been out? What happened while I was gone?' I think to myself. 

17 minutes later it hits 3 in the morning, then the door opens and I look fearfully in that direction.

"Sir you're awake!" Poole says with happiness.

"Yes Poole." I sit up very slowly and Poole adjusts the pillow behind my head. "What happened while I was out?"

"Well sir, I didn't exactly let her in, but Dr. L/N came to help. Though Hyde was in control so she helped him, though she still doesn't know she helped you too."

"I think Poole... I think I need to tell her soon. Within the next day or two soon. The fact that Hyde found her is extremely dangerous in her case."

"I agree sir. Though I couldn't get Hyde to say why he hesitated to do anything. Not that we wanted her dead."

"Right. That was partly why I let him keep control, was to see if he'd tell you anything."

The room goes silent, then I lift my shirt to look at the wound. A thick scab has formed over it. "Poole, might you help me downstairs? I would like to sit by a fire." I say and I slowly move my legs over the edge of the bed. Poole gets me my robe and cane that I usually use on late evening walks. Poole rushes down to start the fire as I slowly make my way down there, being careful to not hurt myself. By the time Poole finishes, I am only 1 room away. Poole helps me the rest of the way and helps me sit down.

"Ahh. That feels better than the laying position I've been in for so many hours."

"I imagine it would sir."

Now a few days later, Jekyll has only hesitated to say anything because he is nervous as to how Y/N will react. She may be another of science, but the odds are questionable, he also wanted some time to heal a little more.

I stand in my lab. Thinking about the effects these past few weeks, how to phrase this to Y/N. What Hyde could be plotting. I can't tell the future but at times like this I wish I could.

"Jekyll.." Hyde appears in the mirror when I look to it. "Are you troubled? you look troubled" He puts on a little smirk.

"I look troubled because of you and your foolish actions!"

"Aww poor Henry Jekyll. Can't control his own thoughts anymore."

I try to change the subject so I don't get a headache from yelling. "Why did you hesitate to bring the knife down?"

Hyde looks surprised by the question, he just stares for a few moments, then answers. "I don't know what you mean."

"The night that you brought Y/N L/N here and scared her half to death by raising a knife above your head."

"Well jeez Jekyll when you're that specific-"

"Tell me what happened. I'm curious."

"No."

"Why?"

"I don't have to tell you anything."

"Yes you do."

"No I don't." Hyde folds his arms.

"Yes you do, you threatened a girl you just met so you have to tell me why."

"That doesn't even make-"

"Tell my why Hyde."

"No!"

"Yes!"

"No I don't feel like-"

"Tell me what happened!!!-"

"I COULDN'T DO IT OKAY?!" Hyde screams as he smashes his fist against the mirror, cracking it and creating a cut on his hand as well as mine. We both touch our hands for a second. Then I look back up at the mirror.

"What do you mean.. you couldn't do it?.."

"I just... I couldn't do it..." Hyde turns around so I can't see his face, then he leans against the mirror and slides down it into a sitting position.

"What stopped you?.." I ask, walking closer to the mirror, then I put my hand on the mirror where his shoulder would be if he weren't trapped inside it.

"I don't know..."

"There must've been something-"

"I DON'T KNOW HENRY JEKYLL, I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT WAS, I NEVER FEEL FEELINGS EXCEPT FOR ANGER AND LUST BUT THAT NIGHT I-I FELT SOMETHING DIFFERENT....."

I stare at the mirror a minute longer, then he speaks again. "I don't know what it was... all I know is that it was different from lust or anger..."

"Perhaps..." I lean against the mirror in a sitting position. "It was some happy feeling."

"Don't be ridiculous. I don't feel anything happy. I don't even know what that feels like."

"Well. Then there's a different reason that you stopped but that doesn't make sense because besides Y/N-"

"Can you stop mentioning her name?! Jeez. I think it's just the cloak but I feel warm every time you mention her name and it's weird."

I think for a moment, but then turn around to face him. "Hyde turn around. I need to look at something."

"What do you want?"

"I need to examine your hand, the one you cut hitting the glass, it cut my hand too and I want to know why."

Hyde groans and he brings his right hand to the cracked glass, this shows his face a little, or at least what part isn't hidden from the cloak. The only part that is hidden by the cloak is about his mouth and below. I look above and he has a little pink on his cheeks, which is odd because he never has any type of pink or red on his face. So I do a little experiment in the moment by pretending to observe his hand.

"Well I hope we can figure out soon why you didn't hurt Y/N." I glance at Hyde as he rips his hand away and touches his face. He's still facing my direction.

"UGH STOP IT JEKYLL! It's happening again! B-But there's another feeling this time! Is this nausea?"

"Hyde you're... you're blushing!!!"

"What?!"