Chapter 6

The next afternoon, the faint tinkling of glasses and bottles outside woke me up. Everyone creased their eyebrows due to jet lag and fear, but nevertheless no one was able to fight against the fatigue.

“What are they doing?” Sehun turned his body around and muttered.

“Somebody might be coming to save us,” I closed my eyes and creased my brows, “The truth revealed, and there’s police outside.”

“That’d obviously be the best but…” Kyungsoo said, “But don’t you think they’re coming a little too late?”

Baekhyun rubbed his eyes and sat up, looked at the door and said, “I’ll go out and see.”

The moment he stood up, I overcame my fatigue, struggled to my feet and staggered over, “I’ll go with you.”

To our disappointment, the police was nowhere to be found, but only Chanyeol and Luhan placing a few empty goblets on the tea table. Jongin and Tao were sitting on the SOFA, each holding onto 3 bottles of Vodka and Tequila each and raised their voices at us, “We were too thirsty and we found a few bottles of alcohol, let’s drink them together.”
A sleeping, black Scorpion was drawn onto the table glass overnight, and in that instant, the pace of my heartbeat felt a little off beat.

“Who drew this?” Baekhyun said.

“Me.” Chanyeol said, “You guys came too late, and I was bored so I drew a little.”

“Did you miss Kris so much?” Baekhyun walked over to Chanyeol and shoved him a little, rubbed his eyes, turned and walked back to the bedroom. He knocked on the door and hollered, “Wake up! We’re having alcohol!”

I gazed at the Scorpion drawn onto the glass and my heart pounded. I vaguely remembered something, but it felt like a dream.

After about 2 minutes, Sehun staggered out of the bedroom unsteadily. “What alcohol…” He stared at the neat rows of goblets lining the glass table oddly.

“There isn’t water anywhere in this entire building, but the second floor has a few bottles of alcohol…” Chanyeol opened a bottle of Vodka and poured it into the cups one by one.

“Even though this isn’t that good for the stomach, but… it’s definitely better as compared to dying of thirst.” He looked at me and Sehun, and gestured to us to drink.

Tao walked up to the front, took a glass nearest to the edge of the table, followed by Jongin and Luhan. Luhan held up a glass, pushed the glass next to it in my direction and glanced at me. Sehun also thought of getting a glass, and just as he was reaching out for it, Chanyeol took it, and he had to take the glass behind it.

“Seriously...” Chanyeol rubbed his stomach and placed the glass he took back to its original position, “First, I have to get rid of this personal problem.” He said as he ran to the toilet.

“Kyungsoo and Yixing are still not waking up.” Baekhyun walked to the table, and just then, Chanyeol walked out of the toilet.

They made eye contact for a moment, Baekhyun’s hand hesitated and took a glass, and Chanyeol quickly took the glass behind it, but it wasn’t the glass that he took from Sehun beforehand.

“Kyungsoo!” Jongin yelled loudly, “Wake up!” but Luhan simply walked into our bedroom and dragged Yixing up.

There were only 2 glasses of alcohol left on the tea table; Yixing rubbed his eyes as he walked to the table. Tao suddenly held up one of the glasses and handed it to Yixing.
Kyungsoo arrived a few moments later, and had to take the last glass of alcohol.

I saw that Chanyeol’s and Kai’s expressions were a little odd, and this expression didn’t falter but instead, intensified as Kyungsoo gulped the alcohol down.