Tanjiro x Reader 🍋

I joined the Demon Slaying Corps last year and well, im only a mizunoto but what inspired me to join is my childhood friend, Tanjiro. He is always kind and always cares for others than himself plus he is also very hardworking and he love's his family to the core of his heart. I was actually saved by him in the past thats why i met him and i still havent payed him for that. I actually developed a crush for him ever since i was 9 and i would always follow him everywhere, Though sometimes he would get annoyed by me. Anyways i was sent on a mission to go to Mt. Natagumo with a lot more demon slayers with the same ranks as me.

While we were walking some began to disappear suddenly and we panicked and just then a girl screamed and everyone looked at her direction then we saw her getting pulled by a string on her back some tried to cut the string and it work. The demon stopped attacking for a while and then we saw someone from the shadows walking to us. Most of us took our stance but then we saw a demon slayer with his head hanging low and a sword on his right hand. "Hey where the hell have you been?!" A friend of his asked then suddenly he looked up and swung his sword at his friend but for tunately he blocked it. Everyone was shocked at what's happening and then lots of demon slayers came from the shadows and started doing the same. While i was fighting a fellow demon slayer i noticed that there was strings on his back just like earlier and cutted it, he then stopped and collapsed. I shouted "There are strings on their back cut it just like earlier! I think those string are the one manipulating them to attack us!" Everyone did what i said and i was right it really was the one manipulating them. As we continued to walk further , more demon slayers started to become missing again. And there it goes again, we were attacked but this time they're stronger and faster most of the remaining demon slayers was took down and it was only the 4 of us, and there were lots of them so we just decided to run for our lives.
I hope the backups are here soon you thought.

As you were running fast , looking for a good hiding spot i bumped into someone and it made you fall on your butt. You just hoped that it wasnt here to attack  you , then i looked up to see the man i wanted to see and hug the most "Tanjiro?! Is that really you?" He looked at you and his eyes widened "Y/N?! Have you been sent on mission here too?" He asked.

"Yeah and this one is the toughest case i had so far, the demon can manipulate people with the strings on their back" You said shaking a bit, He looked at you and he suddenly hugs you. Your heart skipped a beat and youre blushing so mad right now. "Dont worry Y/N , we will beat that demon for sure" He said with a reassuring smile on his face. I just nodded.

We were walking quietly to find the others then something suddenly popped up breaking some trees and it started to attack us. It has a strong body and when you were just about to attack the demon it sensed you and threw a large part of the tree that was broken earlier, "Y/N!" Tanjiro screamed and you smiled weakly at him and the next thing you know was that you blacked out.

T I M E S K I P BROUGHT TO YOU BY TANJIRO'S EARPHONES

You woke up in some place you didnt know and you looked at you side and you saw Tanjiro and some people resting on the bed with lots of injures. You immediately stood up and went to him. Oh no.. this happened to him because i was too weak, i couldnt even protect the one i like. Im sorry Tanjiro.. "Im really sorry Tanjiro.." you said quietly while holding back your tears and hold his hand. Then someone suddenly talked "Oh youre awake, please dont force yourself too much youre not completely healed yet after all you were hit in the head pretty bad." A pretty woman said .

"Thank you so much for thanking care of me and Tanjiro, do you have any idea when he will wake up?"
You said politely to the woman infront of you.

"Its no problem, this is my work after all,he actually woke up yesterday , and did a bit of training i guess he's just tired thats why he is still sleeping."