Prologue

Narrator POV

"When the last leaf of the old oak falls
As the white winds blow, and the night owl takes watch.
The darkness will try and consume her.
She must take flight as a little bird.
She must rise from the ashes
And become the Queen she is destined to be.
She shall reign."

King Solon stood by his close friend, Nostradamus, the reputed seer. The king was granted a prophecy in return for his kindness. He had allowed a foreign tribe to take refuge in France. He looked down at his wife's swollen belly as he held her hand. This would be the second child that his god had blessed him with. He was slightly disappointed that his wife wouldn't be giving him a son, but after hearing the prophecy he was overjoyed. He worried for their future queens safety. He worried for his daughter, and he hadn't even met her yet. At that moment he knew that she was a miracle baby, sent to the earth to do great things...

A few nights later

Thunder storms were heard outside. The wind howled in fury. The lighting had struck down trees and set homes on fire... That was the least of the kings worries, his beautiful wife had gone into labour. She screamed in pain as the contractions began to come faster. It caused dull ache in her back and lower abdomen.

The queen finally brought a beautiful baby girl into the world, who let out a loud cry. King Solon rushed into the room and looked down at his baby girl. Terrified of holding her, in fear that he'd crush her. He sat down beside he's wife who began to breastfeed the babe. "What shall we name her my king?" asked queen Sayla. The king looked down at his daughter, who had already managed to steal his heart and said, " I your father shall name you Adeena because you will be noble, delicate and gentle, but I will call you Shaye because you'll be determined, accurate, ambitious, independent, strong, wise and everything a queen is meant to be."

The king and queen held their daughter and thanked their god for giving them this blessing.

***

4 years later

"Adeena, come here little dove, " the queen called after her sweet little girl who was chasing butterflies in the castle garden. Adeena's hair hung loosely in a braid that reached her shoulder blades. She picked up a woven basket which held all of her treasures and bolted towards her mother.

Hand in hand they walked to the court yard, only to find the prince, Aidrean up to no good. He chased the nobelmen's daughters with a stick that held a dead rat on the end. Aidrean fell onto the ground laughing at the girls reaction.

He realised that his father was watching him and thought that he'd for sure get a good whopping, but to his surprise the king bellowed of laugher. The king thought back to when he was younger, and he saw himself in his son.

Adeena dropped her basket, picked up the stick and chased her brother around the court as he shrieked. Both the king and queen giggled.

They stood there in silence watching their children play.

***

12 years later.

When the last leaf of the old oak falls
As the white winds blow, and the night owl takes watch.
The darkness will try and consume you.
You must take flight little bird.
You must rise from the ashes
You shall reign.