CHAPTER 34

Natalie's Point of View

I couldn't get myself to fall asleep because I couldn't stop thinking about what Austin told me. You know, about seeing Justin with another girl... I just can't believe it. I can't believe he moved on. Just the other night he was here with me, kissing me and telling me that we'd find a way for us to be together. I looked at the time. 2:30 AM. I sighed and sat up on my bed. I stranded a hand through my hair. Suddenly I heard noises coming from my window. I got up and went over to it. When I looked out of my window, I saw Justin standing outside it. He was wearing grey sweatpants and a matching hoodie. What is he doing here? I opened the window.
"Go home," I called down to him.
"What?" he asked. He looked confused.
"Go home," I repeated myself. Then I closed the window. I even put the shade down, just in case he climbs the tree and comes up to my window. I don't want to talk to him. He probably thinks I don't know about the other girl. Stupid idiot.

Justin's Point of View
I couldn't believe it. Did she just tell me to go home? And did she really just close the window and put down the shade? I thought maybe she was kidding so I waited around for a little. Five minutes went by and I was still staring up at a closed window. I would of climbed up and tried knocking but I was scared that she wouldn't open and I'd fall. And her window was pretty high up. I could get really hurt. I decided to just go home. I mean, I can't stand out here all night. I felt crushed walking back to my car. I really thought we'd spend some time together. I don't know why she did that. So many thoughts were going through my mind. I couldn't think of any reason why she would be mad at me. I didn't do anything wrong, and just the other night we were making out in her room... Once I got home, I went up to my room and laid down on my bed. I couldn't fall asleep. I felt so lonely. I looked at the clock. It was 4 AM and I was still awake.

Natalie's Point of View
In the morning, I woke up to a nice surprise: my phone sitting on my nightstand. I had so many missed calls from people I knew. The one that interested me most for some reason was a new text message from Austin:

wanna meet up? :)

Without even thinking, I texted back:

sure.

I went to the bathroom and took a quick shower. I changed into something cute, even though I didn't care about impressing Austin. I didn't feel like leaving my long hair loose so I put it into a messy braid, and then I put on a little make up. Once I was finished, I looked into my full body mirror. I found myself imagining Justin behind me, with his arms around my waist, and him looking over my shoulder smiling. Then I got depressed when I realized that him and I are no longer a thing. Not that we ever were... I mean, I wasn't allowed to date him anyway. I'm not allowed to date at all, but not him especially. I sighed and went downstairs. When I saw my mom sitting down having breakfast, that's when I realized I didn't have permission to go yet.
"And where do you think you're going?" she asked.
"Oh, Steph asked me to hang out," I lied.
"...Alright that's fine I suppose. I see you're already using your phone," she said, eyeing my phone in my hand. "I gave it back to you because I don't like the idea of you being out and about without it. I like you taking it with you just in case anything happens and you need to call me." I nodded. "You could use it talk to your friends too, though... All except Justin. Understand?" I nodded. "Alright have fun," she said at last. "Oh and Natalie?" she said, as I was about to open the front door to my house.
"Yeah?" I asked, looking back at her.
"If I do find out you're using your phone to talk to him, there will be consequences," she said, looking at me with a serious look on her face.
"I won't," I said simply, then turned back to the door. As I opened the door though, I gasped. Justin was standing there, with his fist up as if he was just about to knock.
"I- I..." Justin said staring back at me.
"What are you doing here?" I asked coldly. My eyes were squinted. It made me upset just to look at him.
"Why did you tell me to go home last night?" he asked. "I gotta know." He put his hands in his pockets and looked down at the floor and then back up at me. He looked so cute, I thought. He was wearing a cute outfit. Then I snapped out of it.
"Because you're an asshole," I said. "And I... I never wanna see you again."
"W-what?" he stuttered, as I pushed past him, closing the door behind me.
"You heard me," I said quietly. My mom opened the door, only to find us standing there together. She must of heard me talking to someone, and wondered who. When she saw him, she looked at me in disappointment. "No, no it's not what it looks like," I said to her. "I didn't ask him to come. I swear."
"Natalie why don't you wanna ever see me again? What's wrong? I-" Justin started, but my mom interrupted him.
"Justin I thought I told you to leave that day," she said to him.
"You did," he mumbled.
"Yes, and I thought you knew better then to ever come back," my mom said coldly. "I thought you understood that I don't want you having any contact whatsoever with either of my daughters. Especially Natalie," she added. Justin looked into my eyes sadly and then looked at her.
"Okay," he said. "Sorry."
Then he looked at me. As if I was going to object to it. But I didn't. "Just go..." I said. He looked so hurt. But I knew better. I knew he was just acting. He has another girl now. He doesn't care the least bit about me. This is all an act, I kept telling myself. I watched him as he left and got in his car and drove away.
"Are you sure you didn't ask him to come?" my mom asked. I shook my head, watching his car drive away.
"No, I didn't. Trust me," I said, looking at her. She nodded and went back inside.