Chapter 8

A month after...

It's been a month since we came back from the States.

A day before our flight we had dinner with Tito Efren's. We celebrated Jema's pregnancy.

Remember the day we learned that we were pregnant? When she spent hours window shopping at the grocery's baby section?

Well, we came back. She said she will buy 'necessities'. But I was shocked to see her in the counter assisted by two crews.

She emptied her one bank account for those stuffs. I never got to inspect what's in the carts because I went to the food section.

She knows me well enough. Ang ayoko sa lahat ay yung may iiwan ako pag nasa counter na.  Kaya as much as possible I double check what's inside.

During our 'saving days' I let Jema do the grocery alone.

At isa pa nakakahiya sa mga nag-aayos nung mga kinuha na hindi naman bibilhin.

That day, my wife used it against me. She even bought a box of baby toothpaste that is more expensive than colgate.

While the cashier swipes those things, she really made an effort not to look at me.

The baby clothes she bought was both blue and pink.

Okay..

Baby wipes.. Okay

Boogie wipes?

Pacifier wipes?

Is there any difference?

5 baby shoes?

Isn't the shoes invented for walking or running? What will our baby do with 5 effing baby shoes? Di naman naglalakad ang babies diba?

After the shoes, I never looked back.

She maintained a poker face until we get home.

Wag lang siya talaga mauna magsalita yari talaga siya sa akin.

And yeah, she never talked about the newly bought stuffs.

And yeah ulit, over baggaged kami ng bonggang bongga.

I paid for it na lang quietly. Expected ko na yun.

And then we went to our normal routine, except that she resigned sa volleyball team

It was our agreement before pa. Coaching is okay but the training hours is in the morning. As much as possible I want to let her sleep as much as she wants for our baby's brain development.

My family visited us two days after we went home. Nauna pa sila than Jema's family.

My Mom told us to stay in Cebu so she can look after Jema. Dad told me na sa kanya na lang ako magwork. But it is undebatable. I love my job no matter how demanding it is.

And Jema's family. They will never agree kaya pagkasabi pa lang ni Mom tinanggihan ko na.

Alam naman daw niya na di kami papayag. But she said she really wants to kung siya lang masusunod.

Jema was back to work na rin sa restobar ni Ate Jia.

Last week the squad joined me while I wait for Jema's set to finish.

The whole duration ng bonding namin, I only drank one bottle of Heineken. Hindi ko pa nga naubos. May 1/3 pa na natira.

Hindi na yun pinansin ng barkada. They understand.

Jema is always excited pag may gig siya. Twice a week lang kasi yun at sobra niya talagang hilig ang pagkanta.

Ok lang naman yun since good for the babies na kinakantahan sila ng mommy nila. Some says they hear it from the inside. And also it makes them feel they are loved.