Chapter 9- No Excuses

Chapter 9

Namjoon's face was turning red as his eyes darkened and narrowed in on you. His chin sticking out and his jawline sharp, he looked terrifying but also so incredibly sexy.

You blinked a few times trying to avoid his intimidating gaze, Jungkook cleared his throat and you looked back over at him.

"oh um uh Jungkook this is my uh best friend Namjoon, Namjoon this is Jungkook"

Jungkook nodded his way but namjoon didn't even look over or acknowledged him. I felt like I was a teenager again, getting caught with a boy by my father. I didn't like the feeling and for whatever reason I felt bad.

Which I shouldn't because one I'm grown and two this was my apartment what was he even still doing here?

"Um princess I'm going to go"

You glance over at Jungkook again and give him a disappointing look. He smiled softly and kissed your forehead.

"Well have to take a rain check, I'll call you"

He mumbled against your skin. You really didn't want him to go but you understood why he was leaving.

"I'll call you...I had a really good time" you blush as you walk him back over to the door. He smiles as he exits your apartment standing out of namjoon's view now.

"I did to princess"

You blush again at the nickname and he chuckles "So cute" he whispers before leaning in and kissing your lips ever so gently, letting the intoxicating aroma of his cologne linger.

"Call me" he whispered into the small space between you two. You nod and then he disappears.

You close the door and lean against it feeling all giddy inside until you hear Namjoon clear his throat.

"What are you still doing here?"

You groan before taking off your shoes. You turn to look at him and see a sudden change in his once intimidating demeanor, he looks sad almost hurt.

"Namjoon what's wrong?" You ask taking a few steps towards him.

He shakes his head and composed himself

"Nothing, I'm sorry I uh fucked that up for you"

You shake your head not worried about it. "Joonie, what's wrong? Did something happen?"

Again he shakes his head and tries his best to look normal he even forces that stupid fake smile at you

"So that's the new guy huh? He's the one from the coffee shop right?"

You nod your head yes but keep concerning eyes on your best friend

"Again sorry I ruined your uh moment. You just weren't answering my texts and I was worried so I thought I'd hang out and wait but clearly that was my mistake"

He scratches the back of his neck and makes his way over to the front door. "I'm glad you had a good time, sorry again y/n"

"Joon"

You say but he quickly opens the door and makes his exit. You feel your heart drop to the pit of your stomach, why did you feel so guilty when you did nothing wrong?