𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐫 !

࿐☆∘◦○✧ ゚

o1. 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐫!

Seven cars followed each other down the highway; a matte black SUV, a 1969 Corvette Stingrey, a 1972 Beetle, and four overpriced large white moving trucks. The morning sun had finally started to rise, the outline of birds could been seen if you squinted your eyes. The Nox family could barely keep their eyes open. Sleep had taken over Samuel Nox, and Marie could hear his light snoring from the drivers seat of her Buggie. If it weren't for the fact that the younger boy was excited for the move, Marie was sure she would have turned around and driven back to their home in Indianapolis.

As the sun settled into the sky, Marie's eyes opened a little bit more, and she suddenly became more aware of her surroundings. Green trees lined the sides of the highway, grass grew tall and yellow flowers grew in the cracks near the edge. Marie put her arm against the door of her car and rested her head in the palm of her hand. Her other arm was lazily holding onto the steering wheel and her fingers moved to the beat of the music that was playing. From where she sat she could see her older brother, Harry, talking to her cousin, Jack, in the rearview mirror. In front of her, she could see her mother and aunt laughing as they tried to pay attention to the road.

Wow, we suck as drivers. Marie thought. Her attention was moved to the car to her right, a bright red Jaguar pulled up beside her. She went to look at the driver when the car sped away, its speed increasing by 30 miles at least. Time seemed to speed up as well, her mother turned on her right turn signal and changed lanes until she reached the exit on the other side of the highway. They turned onto a long road with very few buildings. They made another right turn, then continued straight, and then a left turn. Marie followed her mother onto a long road lined with many buildings, it seemed like the entire town was on this street.

In Marie's opinion it was very bland; red and brown brick buildings were all she could see, there were little signs over each door and expensive cars were few and far between. She could practically hear her mother gushing over the simplicity of the town, how the people would be so lovely, how they would be able to know each of their neighbours so well because of the fact that the town was so tiny. She could hear her mother telling her that this was something out of a movie, and that was Marie's problem. This was exactly what you would see in a movie. Small town people in their yellow sundresses and straw hats, teen couples holding hands and smiling without a care in the world, deputies eating donuts with the people that passed them in the street, and last but not least, the fact that they've only stopped at one stop light since they entered Hemlock Grove.