Chapter 1

Your life was a loop. It was always the same story. Life at home wasn't easy, neither in school. If there was something in between it, you would hide there forever and never return. But there wasn't.

And that day at school was going to be as any other.

You woke up in the morning hearing your parents arguing, headache.

You ignored them and went out without even saying goodbye.

In the bus you met Chenle, your friend.

"What happened?" He asked you worried.

You rolled your eyes and sighed.

"My dad. There isn't enough money again" You said, already on the edge of despair.

He nodded because he knew that money was the reason behind the arguments in your house almost every month.

"Are you planning to work somewhere?"

You did. But you never had enough courage, you were scared, scared of interacting with others.

"I want to so badly, but I don't know" You replied vaguely.

Chenle just stared at you and nodded.

You knew he couldn't do anything because he was still a minor like you, even though he had to repeat a year.

You arrived in school and went to your lessons.

The day was going pretty good, only because you hadn't seen Jisung.

Jisung, you hated that boy with all of your heart. He bothered you a lot. Whenever he saw you somewhere in the school, he would say things to hurt your feelings, he pushed you if he passed next to you, it affected you a lot, but you didn't care anymore because you learned to ignore him.

The first time it happened almost a year ago. He didn't like you at first and ignored you. Then he started to insult and disturb you. You didn't tell anyone apart of Chenle and your older sister, because you didn't want more problems. If you defend yourself, it would get worse.

"I have a project for you guys!" Your teacher shouted to silence your class that was being noisy.

You looked at Chenle who was sitting next to you and smiled.

"It's a model of the solar system" He continued "And it will help those who are currently failing this class" He raised his eyebrows looking at some of the students "You guys will do it in a group of three people and I will choose them"

You crossed your fingers for Chenle to be your partner.

"I will tell the names at the end of the lesson"

Everyone in the class looked at each other and looked nervous, you knew how they felt, you wanted your friend to be in your group as well.

You heard Jisung talking.

"I hope I'm not with her"

Her. It was you. You rolled your eyes and ignored him.

You hoped to not to be with him as well. Never.

"Okay, here we have the groups. Since there is an odd number of students, there is a group of two people only. I will not change the groups" He warned pointing all the class with his finger.

You swallowed and looked at Chenle.

He smiled and nodded, telling you to not get worried.

You startled when you heard your name.

"You're with Jisung only" He looked at you.

Your eyes widened. Jisung? Never, no, no. You looked at your teacher who shrugged and then heard Jisung behind you.

"What? No!" Jisung complained "Change it, I don't want to be with her"

Disgust was evident in his voice. You turned around and looked at him narrowing your eyes.

"What are you looking at?" He shouted suddenly.

You turned around and looked at Chenle. He looked disappointed.

"It's okay" He mouthed.

Your lower lip trembled.

"Jisung! I told that I'm not going to change the groups" Your teacher, who was done with him, ignored his complaints and kept saying the groups.

"She can do it by herself. I'm not going to help her" He murmured.

Good, you would do it by yourself. You didn't need his help at all. You would only write your name on the project. He could keep complaining as much as he wanted and keep failing.

"Are you okay?" Chenle asked you for the tenth time that day after the lesson.

"Chenle, I told you I don't care. I will do it myself" You didn't dare to look into his eyes because you knew he would find out how hurt you were.

"I would help you..." He started to suggest.

"It's okay" You clarified "I'm going to buy the supplies now"

"I'm going to my partner's house and we will start it today"

"Good luck Chenle" You patted his shoulder.

"You too"