Bad Luck

Colby's POV:
All three of us shoot up and walk over to the doctor. "Are you all family?" "I'm her boyfriend" I reply. "Okay they can come with you as long as you are okay with it" I nod and walk with the doctor to her room. I stand at the door not wanting to open and the doctor speaks up. "So...she is stable but I am sorry to inform you that Cassandra is in a coma. We don't know when she is going to wake up. It's not medically induced so we don't know when she will wake up but it could be days or even months until she wakes. She lost a lot of blood so we are giving her blood right now and hopefully her body takes it" the doctors says in a mundane tone. We all nod and walk into the room to see Cassie laying in the bed completely lifeless. I did this to her. I am the reason she drove off into traffic and got hit. I would do anything to make it me in the bed instead of her. I looked on the edge of the bed and it was a brown paper bag. I opened it to see her clothes and her phone and wallet. I open her phone to see her lock screen of me.
I open her phone and go into messages and see a unsent text in our conversation. I open the text and I cry my eyes out and Sam grabs the phone out of my hand to see what it says and he starts to cry along with Kat.

I pick up her hand and hold it

I pick up her hand and hold it. It's ice cold to the touch and I just sit there rubbing her forehead with the palm of my hand and holding hers with the other. I sit there for hours just watching her chest go up and down. After a while I rested my head on the bed and fell asleep beside Cassie's legs. I wake up to her heart monitor beeping really fast. I then rub her hand and it slows down again. "I love you Cassie. I don't know if you can hear me but I am so sorry for the way I acted and I love you with all my heart" I say sobbing. I then squeeze her hand and I obviously don't expect a squeeze back but she does squeeze back. I look up at her and her eyes are open and she is looking at me. "I love you too" she says crying. Sam and Kat hug her and and puts her head on my chest and cries. "Colby I am sorry I didn't mean for that to happen" "Cass it's okay. It was a mistake that I am willing to move past. You are drunk and didn't do it intentionally. I still love you baby girl" I say crying along with her. I then sit on the bed with her and she sobs into my chest to the point where she can't breathe and I calm her down and her cries silence and I look down to see her asleep. She cried herself to sleep in my arms. I feel so back for making her feel like this. The doctor comes in and smiles. "She is looking good but we need to keep her here for a couple more days to make sure everything is okay" he then walks out and closes the door in the process.  I sit there with her in my arms and go on my phone for a while. After a while I look up to see Sam and Kat asleep on the couch that's in the room. I put my phone on the end table and lay my head on top of Cassie's and fall right to sleep to the sound of her breathing.