Firelight

I like having this newfound company. I'm really hoping Luca can stick around, yet at the same time, I hope he has friends or family that come looking for him. It really sucks not having anyone around, personally, I know my sister would have stopped this from happening. She was always there for me. In fact, she was the first person I came out to. This all happened last year right after my 17th birthday party. My sister, Charlie, noticed that I was staring at this really cute guy in my class that I had invited to my party. She asked if I could help her with the dishes (there were none ), I followed her into the kitchen anyway. She asked me if I had a crush on this boy (I had a massive one) and she hugged me when I told her yes and promised to help me with boy problems for the rest of my life. I miss my sister a lot she was my best friend. I'm hoping Luca will be able to fill a little of the void that Charlie left.

   *******************************************************************************************

   "I need to find some wood, are you ok here until I get back?" I say to Luca. We spent the past hour talking and sharing a bottle of Gatorade. "yeah I'm fine," Luca sounds cheerful but not in an I-want-to-get-rid-of-you kinda way. I start walking into the trees to find dry sticks and twigs. I find an arm full of sticks and some dry leaves.

   I start building up the fire. The sun only started going down a few minutes ago but I like to start my fires early. "Victor...." Luca started, he was looking at me. "Yes?" I wanted so badly to know what he was about to say. "...umm... ahh... nevermind... I umm forgot" I didn't believe him. "Come with me," I say holding my hand for Luca to take. He takes it hesitantly, "I wanna show you something," really I want to kiss him, but I don't, not yet. We walk hand in hand, I lead him to the creek. "What are we doing here?" He looks confused and a little worried. "Luca I'm not gonna kill you!" I say with a joking tone "We are here to look for crawfish or bigger fish." I hand Luca the broken fishing net and the empty Gatoraid bottle. "Fill this with water and try to catch a fish" As this comes out of my mouth I realize how demanding I sounded. "Please!... sorry It came out bossy," I feel bad about it. 

********************************************************************************************

   I try to cook the few crawfish we caught. Usually, this would be just enough for me but I could not find any berries or anything. "You can have three," I say sliding the crawfish off my knife. "wait, Victor then you only get one?"

"Luca, I usually only eat two, plus I have the carrots"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes"

We started eating. I only had a few carrots seeing as I'm used to not eating much. The sun is almost fully down now and I think Luca looks even better in the firelight. His features look somehow softer, he looks happier, and he looks even more kissable.