HEADCANON ♔ h.b. & b.h.

REQUESTED: espexially
one - they're nervous to meet your
parents for the first time

HENRY:
when you tell him that your parents want to meet him for the first time, he acts cool and nonchalant on the outside, but you noticed the quick wide eyes and rigid-ness his body went when the words left your mouth.

— his father and himself had quite the reputation around town, and there was no doubt in Henry's mind that word about himself and home-life had been spread to your family as well.

— his suspicions were correct; your parents didn't like henry. your mother had been in Fricks when she witnessed first hand Henry's tormenting actions against one of the younger boys in town. a freckled boy that wore bottle-bottom glasses was the victim being chased throughout the store.

— your parents almost lost their shit when you told them who it was your dating. "you are to end it with that boy now! he is no good for you. his father is a lunatic, and lord knows the apple doesn't fall far from the tree."

— "can you guys just please meet him first! he's different around me. i promise Henry's not as bad as he seems."

— you don't tell Henry about that conversation between your parents. he's nervous and paranoid enough (you can tell), and you don't wanna make him freak out anymore than he is already by telling him what your parents think of the teen.

— when the night finally comes to have dinner with your parents, Henry's visibly sweating. his hands are clammy and his breathing is irregular as he stands outside your front door. he didn't want to knock; he didn't want to be here at all, but he didn't want to loose you either because of your parents.

— your father was the one to answer the door–Henry didn't even get a chance to knock. the stern and stone expression on your fathers face reminded henry of his dad for just a second, and the boy flinched slightly. he averted his eyes to the ground, taking a deep breath to calm his mind, then looked back into your father's cold ones.

— putting on a blank face, Henry held his out for your dad to shake. "sir." despite his usual behavior, Henry tried to be somewhat civil and decent. he won't give them a smile–no one got a smile from Henry besides you–and he won't try to act like the perfect, nice guy. he didn't need to impress them, just needed them to accept him.

— it's awkward most of the dinner. neither parent liked him and Henry knew that. knowing himself, he knew he'd say something that would fuck everything up so he stays quiet mostly, only talking when asked to.

— his hand tightly grips your under the table the entire time. you give it a squeeze every other question, letting him know everything's fine.

— you have to be the one to lighten up the mood. you explain to your parents how you and Henry met, and then started dating. you tell them about the all sweet things he's done for you (which isn't much because the boy isn't a romantic type). he tries though.

— by the time dinner's over, your parents opinions' about Henry still don't change. he tries to hide the small amount of disappointment he feels mixed with the anger.

— you let out a heavy sigh as you walk him to your door. once on the porch with the door closed, you tug lightly on his hand to get him to turn around to face you. he tries to look anywhere but your eyes.

— "hey, look at me." the feeling of your soft hand on his bruised cheek makes him finally look at you, his eyes softening when they meet yours. "it doesn't matter what their opinions are about you. the only ones that matter are mine and yours. they couldn't change my mind about you no matter how hard they'll try." he gives you a tiny nod, a frown still etched on his face.

— you give him a smile and softly kiss his lips, hoping to get his mood better.

— it works.

— unbeknownst to you both, two sets of eyes watched from the living room window. both of your parents decided to give the boy a chance. just one.

BELCH:
he is a wreck. "dinner at your house? like, with your parents? uh- are you sure i should?"

— you give him a nod and smile as he repeats what you just asked him. it was more than obvious he was nervous. "you're fine Reggie. they'll love you."

— you might say that, but he didn't think it to be true. given the people he hangs out with and the reputation he's claimed, he's more than sure your parents have heard of the terrible things he's done and has helped Henry to do.

— actually attempts to dress up fancy, or at least formally and decent. clothes are scattered throughout his room, laying on top of his bed and even a pair of pants had made its way on top of a bedside lamp. "mom! does this look good?"

— "hun, for the fifth time it's fine."

— "fine?! it can't be just fine, it needs to be perfect."

— he tried on at least 10 different outfits.

— "what about these shoes?"

— "boy, if you don't get outta this house before you're late-"

— he sits in his Trans-Am for another five minutes, checking over his face in the rear-view mirror. he has to look good. he has to make a good impression. how could he ever ask your father for your hand in marriage if the man didn't even like him?

— giving himself one last anxious smile to help encourage himself, Belch exited the faded blue vehicle and walked up your front steps to the door.

— you opened the door and lead him to the table, where your mother was still setting food down. your father walked into the dining room, and the two of them shook hands.

— "hello, sir. i'm Reginald Huggins. it's nice to meet you."

— your father gave back a shit-eating grin, quite obviously noticing how intimidated Belch seemed. you gave a smile yourself, immediately calming as you knew know that this was going to go well.

— Belch's nerves went down as they began to eat. conversation between you all went nicely. your father took a liking to Reggie as they began to talk about cars and baseball. your mother found him quite adorable, as she noticed the small looks and smiles he'd give your way; and the slight blush that graced his features when you took his hand in yours and set your intertwined fingers on the table after eating.

— as you guys wrapped up, your father gave him another handshake and told him that he'd love to have him over to watch the baseball game that came on next weekend. the two shared the same favorite team. Reggie agreed with a grin. your mother gave him a hug and told him to come by anytime.

— you walked him out, your fingers still intertwined with each other. you stopped him just outside his car door.

— "how do you think that went?" he asked, his eyes glancing back towards your house.

— you pulled him closer to your body, "amazing. they love you, just like i said they would." you gave him a kiss on the cheek and a hug, to which he returned by kissing you on your lips; and with a smile and fluttery feeling, he left.

[ i wrote belch's part during class so
it probably seems rushed and sucky 😔
also, i already have so many requests
you guys are too amazing 😭 ]