KinKun

[Fluff/Miss]

People walks in and out of your life. You can't control it. You can't change things. Sometimes it is better to accept that they 're gone. Maybe forever. I know it but it's hard. I can't forget him. It hurts. Badly. But I'm helpless. I remember these days where we walked to school together. I remember how we played volleyball together. I remember these summer days, when we bought Ice-scream. At winter days we built snowman, even in Highschool. But one year ago, my life changed completely. Kunimi moved away because he went to a college. I started working at a book store. Kunimi loved reading, especially something about close friendships. That's why I'm checking our shelves every day. And I found three books which he could be interested in and I bought them. Maybe we will meet us at one day again. I hope we will. I miss him. I miss him so much and it is hard to handle it. You want to know the truth? I'm in love with him, since Middle school. But I was afraid of confessing to him and I keep this secret. Nobody knows it. Nobody. At nights I start crying. I watch old videos and smile like an idiot. He's my wallpaper and this makes every day better. He didn't smile often but I have some pictures where he does and that's extremely adorable. I miss him. I love him. And I want to see him again, even if it's just for a few seconds. I want to say "I love you." For just one time. I wouldn't care about his answer, I just want to speak it out. But no one knows if this day will come...

It's 6 pm at Friday. Just a half hour and we will close. We have much customer this day but now it's really empty. I hear the doorbell.

"Welcome! Can I help y-"

The stranger looks at me. I know these eyes. This face. This hair. This style. This look. He smiles at me.

"Hi Kindaichi."

I can't breathe. My heart is dead.

"Kunimi...is that you?"

His hair is a bit longer but looks still the same. He has grown a bit like me. But all in one he looks as in Highschool.

"It's been a while Kindaichi."

"Y-yeah...I know."

I don't know what to say. I've dreamt about this for so long.

"Why...why are you here?", I manage to say.

"Can we go for a walk?"

"S-sure. Give me a minute."

After asking my boss I come back.

"I can go earlier. Where do you want to go?"

"Let's buy Ice-scream."

"Y-yeah sure."

We walk in silence. Kunimi takes the same flavor as always, chocolate. I choose vanilla.

"Let's go to the parc."

"Okay."

We take place on a bench and eat Ice-scream. My heart is still pounding like I ran 3000 meters.

"So...uhm...why...why are you here?", I asked shyly.

"I missed my home."

"I understand. You've spent your whole childhood here."

"No, I don't mean it like that."

I look at him questioningly.

"Then you have to explain it."

"It's simple. You know...before I moved, I wanted to say something. But I was afraid and that's why I kept it for myself."

"What's up Kunimi?"

I am very nervous and look away.

"It's embarrassing honestly...but...you're important to me and...maybe you can't imagine the pain I felt this year without you...but due to the college I had never the chance to visit you...since today...what I want to say...at that time I've missed the chance to tell you...that I'm in love with you..."

Silence. I can't believe what I hear. That has to be a dream.

"I'm sorry...I know you don't feel the same...I just want to speak it out."

He stands up.

"I hope you will get happy. And maybe we will see us again later in life."

And then he goes away. I can't believe it. No! He can't go! I run after him.

"Kunimi! Wait! Please!"

But he doesn't listen to me and walks faster.

"Akira! Please!"

He turns around. When I surpass him, I can recognize tears on his cheeks. I pull him close to me.

"Akira...I love you too...since Middle school...I thought about you every day...I thought about everything we've done together...I missed you so much...please don't go...I need you here, by my side..."

He buries his face in my shoulder.

"College is too exhausting for me...even if I'm smart...I'm going to drop out of school...can I move back here and live with you?"

"Of course, you can! Oh god Kunimi I'm so happy."

"Yeah...me too Yu.", he sobs.

I kiss him.

"You had always a place in my heart. I could never forget you, Akira Kunimi."

"Same. Yuutarou Kindaichi."

"I love you.

"I love you too."