Evil Love

Topaz Darkford may be evil, but he is also drop-dead gorgeous. His shining chocolate hair, his white skin, his amaranthine eyes - they drowned me, murdered me, locked me in their maze. We fell in love at first sight. My mum doesn't like it. "Topaz Darkford!" she said the day I told her, stretching out the word. "Isn't he the guy who got put under that evil spell?" I mumbled yes. My older sister walked in, dumping a pile of homework books on the table. "Topaz? Opal, you could do so much better than that." I rolled my eyes and stared at the kitchen counter, where I was sitting on a barstool, fiddling with my hairband until my mum took it off me.

I got up and started making tea. I didn't know why, my family hated tea, I probably just made some to warm up my hands. It was a crisp winters day, just before school, and we had a cold house. I listened to the roaring noise of the kettle as the water boiled, opening the fridge and grabbing the milk. I also reached for a cup from the shelf and a tea bag. When the water was done, I poured it in the cup, sloshed in the milk, added a pinch of sugar and sat down again, the hot cup between my palms.

I took a few pretend sips, then left it on the counter. "Come on, Opal!" My mum yelled at me. "We're going to be late!" Remembering school, I rushed into my room, threw on my school uniform, hastily brushed my teeth, ran the brush through my hair a couple of times, praying it would look okay, then grabbed my satchel, shoved my feet in my shoes and raced out the door, slamming it behind me. I mounted my bike and cycled off. I was to old for emotional goodbyes. It was only school.

A/N hope you like my new story!